Questions about coffee…

mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

What brand of coffee do you buy? How much do you spend on it? What roast level do you prefer? And if you buy from a local roaster, do you know what country of origin or region the coffee was grown? Also how do you prepare it (percolator, French press, espresso, etc.) and drink it (black, iced, with cream and sugar)?
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mommy_jules wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:41 pm What brand of coffee do you buy? How much do you spend on it? What roast level do you prefer? And if you buy from a local roaster, do you know what country of origin or region the coffee was grown? Also how do you prepare it (percolator, French press, espresso, etc.) and drink it (black, iced, with cream and sugar)?
Really fortunate that for a podunk small middle of no-where town we have an award winning coffee roaster - Red Rooster! I only buy their coffee and all their coffee is fair trade with a country of origin story for each roast. It's $20-$22 per 12oz bag and I go through a bag a week but am often given bags as gifts so don't need to purchase every week. I use an aeropress which I think makes a super cup of coffee and is less mess than other methods. When in a hurry, I use a Keurig. I drink coffee always - black, iced, with c&s, or as a shot of espresso. I drink coffee all day!

https://www.redroostercoffee.com/about-us
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

We don't get fancy with coffee brands and only buy Folger's Black Silk or Yuban Dark Roast.

After going through different types of auto drip coffee makers that lasted only a few months, we've instead been using an old school percolator, which brews like a dream.

I take my coffee with two Sweet & Lows and some nondairy creamer.
just an old coot 😉🌵
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I'm one of those weird people who doesn't drink coffee.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:01 pm
mommy_jules wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:41 pm What brand of coffee do you buy? How much do you spend on it? What roast level do you prefer? And if you buy from a local roaster, do you know what country of origin or region the coffee was grown? Also how do you prepare it (percolator, French press, espresso, etc.) and drink it (black, iced, with cream and sugar)?
Really fortunate that for a podunk small middle of no-where town we have an award winning coffee roaster - Red Rooster! I only buy their coffee and all their coffee is fair trade with a country of origin story for each roast. It's $20-$22 per 12oz bag and I go through a bag a week but am often given bags as gifts so don't need to purchase every week. I use an aeropress which I think makes a super cup of coffee and is less mess than other methods. When in a hurry, I use a Keurig. I drink coffee always - black, iced, with c&s, or as a shot of espresso. I drink coffee all day!

We roast our own, and have officially started selling it. I say we but DH does the roasting. It’s small batch, roasted when ordered for now. I’d drink coffee all day if I could, but the caffeine makes me anxious so nothing after noon.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:08 pm I'm one of those weird people who doesn't drink coffee.
Hurts my stomach
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mommy_jules wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:33 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:01 pm

We roast our own, and have officially started selling it. I say we but DH does the roasting. It’s small batch, roasted when ordered for now. I’d drink coffee all day if I could, but the caffeine makes me anxious so nothing after noon.
Oh that's so exciting! I remember when Red Rooster started roasting in the back of a record shop and only sold at our local farmers market on Saturdays. They have a pretty big processing/coffee shop and over 30(?) employees and I want to say that they've shifted to employee owned but not sure. Good luck to you!

Just a tip, Red Rooster really got it's recognition when it was a coffee vendor at our local large music festival and branded one of their coffees with the festival's name and artwork. Like craft beers, labeling/naming makes a huge difference in attracting buyers. But you probably already know that! I'd love to try some of your coffee so please post your site or PM me the link? If you'd feel more comfortable, I'll send you my food truck FB name and you can follow and I'll follow you back:)
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I don't drink coffee. It doesn't even smell good. Ugh.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Old school Maxwell House in the blue container. The big one is about $12.
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I only drink iced coffee maybe 3 times a year and I buy it not make it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic