Armed homeowner who defended family in driveway shoot-out says he's been stripped of gun permit

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

A Los Angeles homeowner who used a firearm to fend off apparent would-be robbers at his home said his concealed carry permit was taken away just days after the residential-neighborhood shoot-out.

"After successfully defending my home and my family and my 5-month-old child, California has now decided to suspend my Second Amendment [rights]," L.A. resident and married father of one Vince Ricci said in a video for the NRA that was exclusively shared with Fox News Digital.

Ricci told Fox News Digital that the sheriff's office called him Thursday morning to inform him his concealed carry permit was "revoked," and he said it was due to him "yelling" at Los Angeles police officers when they visited his home to investigate the shooting three days after the incident. Ricci previously railed that the LAPD – the department investigating the case – carried out "sloppy police" work, including allegedly not picking up the casings scattered near his home as evidence.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/armed-homeow ... gun-permit
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Based on the very limited info, sounds like the cops have a grudge.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I’d have to know what he yelled at the police. Since he’s not saying what transpired and pd isn’t commenting anything would be speculation.

I do however get pretty tired of people going on and on over an amendment that neither political side seems to actually understand. It’s a well documented amendment. Just because it’s actual intent doesn’t fit either sides agenda doesn’t change that. Not just specifically to this or the constitution but in other areas as well.
SlimShady
Countess
Countess

Unread post

That’s sad. Around here they’d of named a day after him and given him a key to the city…
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

What did he say to the police?

I support stand your ground but I need to know the whole story.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The article is behind a pay wall and I’m not giving Fox News my email address to view it for free. I would need to know more about the circumstances of the shooting and afterwards investigation. I’m not saying the police aren’t on a power trip, but if it was found that he unnecessarily fired a gun in a residential neighborhood or that he was impeding the investigation, those are factors that would need to be taken into account.
SlimShady
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I don’t even see how it matters what he said to police…

Unless he said something that amounted to additional charges, such as threats… there’s nothing someone should EVEN BE ABLE TO SAY that would cause them to lose constitutional rights.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

There's not enough information to form an opinion as we only have the side of Ricci but since when was concealed carry a constitutional right?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SlimShady wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:31 pm I don’t even see how it matters what he said to police…

Unless he said something that amounted to additional charges, such as threats… there’s nothing someone should EVEN BE ABLE TO SAY that would cause them to lose constitutional rights.
He didn’t lose his constitutional right. His right to bear arms wasn’t revoked, his conceal carry permit was temporarily suspended. Frankly, the man is such a reckless and piss poor shot he shouldn’t carry a firearm but that’s a different topic.
SlimShady
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:43 pm
SlimShady wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:31 pm I don’t even see how it matters what he said to police…

He didn’t lose his constitutional right. His right to bear arms wasn’t revoked, his conceal carry permit was temporarily suspended. Frankly, the man is such a reckless and piss poor shot he shouldn’t carry a firearm but that’s a different topic.

There it is again…

Someone stands up for themselves, refuses to become the next victim that person was trying to create, and because they used a gun to even the playing field - since they were having a gun used against them and in a manner that could have easily killed them…. They’re a piss poor shot who shouldn’t even have a gun… they shouldn’t even have had the capability to defend themselves.

They took the legal ability for a man to defend himself away because he yelled at a cop.

That situation wouldn’t even have needed a conceal carry permit covering it since it happened at his own home, on his own property.

It’s a significant overstep because immediate obedience was not observed.

If you’re ok with that… so be it. Some people aren’t.
Locked Previous topicNext topic