My Christmas tip

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Get one of these
https://a.co/d/1bcqmG9
Turn the wheel and the tape will be already cut and ready to grab. Plus it's bigger so it's harder to lose.
You're welcome!
And no I don't care it's not Thanksgiving yet.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

"Heat tape"?

ETA:

From copy: "Makes sublimation life so much easier."

"sublimation life"?
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I glue my wrapping paper. I like the clean look. Plus a glue stick is so easy compared to tape.
SlimShady
Countess
Countess

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:10 pm I glue my wrapping paper. I like the clean look. Plus a glue stick is so easy compared to tape.
I have never heard of this, and I can’t decide if you’re crazy or a genius.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:39 pm "Heat tape"?

ETA:

From copy: "Makes sublimation life so much easier."

"sublimation life"?
I have it for heat tape for sublimation but I pulled my heat tape off and put a regular roll of scotch tape on and it works amazing for wrapping gifts.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

SlimShady wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:40 pm
highlandmum wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:10 pm I glue my wrapping paper. I like the clean look. Plus a glue stick is so easy compared to tape.
It seems like it would take time to dry and you'd have to stand there and hold it. That would annoy me.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I will consider this — but storage, always the issue…
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:17 pm
It seems like it would take time to dry and you'd have to stand there and hold it. That would annoy me.
Actually no. No holding at all. I got the tip years ago from a friend who wrapped presents at a mall in Toronto. That’s what they used, and they were busy. Just apply the glue stick a little bit in from the seam and run your finger across the seam and continue. No holding required, and glue sticks do not take long to dry.

I can actually finish wrapping a present with a glue stick way faster than tape. Plus it looks neater without seeing tape.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:10 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:17 pm

Actually no. No holding at all. I got the tip years ago from a friend who wrapped presents at a mall in Toronto. That’s what they used, and they were busy. Just apply the glue stick a little bit in from the seam and run your finger across the seam and continue. No holding required, and glue sticks do not take long to dry.

I can actually finish wrapping a present with a glue stick way faster than tape. Plus it looks neater without seeing tape.
I used to do this. just make sure you use a good glue stick. The dollar store ones tend to be hit or miss on whether they'll hold or not.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I prefer this for my Christmas wrapping and such.

The only thing is I can't find refills in stores anymore so I have to buy them online. I should get on that today so I have them in time for wrappping.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic