These protests are out of control

Anonymous 1

Unread post

They're threatening to protest to demand the arrest of a woman in her late 80s who made an accusation in 1955! Can you imagine being arrested for something you did as a teenager when you're now a senior citizen? Does anyone know if he actually whistled at her? He absolutely should not have been lynched and racism is so wrong but at what point do we put the past behind us? It was a different world then!
https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/03/us/kentu ... index.html
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:28 pm They're threatening to protest to demand the arrest of a woman in her late 80s who made an accusation in 1955! Can you imagine being arrested for something you did as a teenager when you're now a senior citizen? Does anyone know if he actually whistled at her? He absolutely should not have been lynched and racism is so wrong but at what point do we put the past behind us? It was a different world then!
The Christmas parade was not cancelled due to the planned protests but rather due to threats against the protestors. It's disgusting.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

What protests are you talking about? Carolyn Bryant had long ago recanted her story about Till that lead to his being lynched. She was a 21 year old mother of two at the time of the lie, not a teenager. A Grand Jury heard evidence against her recently and declined to indict. So she got to live her life with no consequences.

According to your link the parade was cancelled due to threats of violence against the protestors, not because of protestors.

https://heavy.com/news/carolyn-bryant-now/
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:37 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:28 pm They're threatening to protest to demand the arrest of a woman in her late 80s who made an accusation in 1955! Can you imagine being arrested for something you did as a teenager when you're now a senior citizen? Does anyone know if he actually whistled at her? He absolutely should not have been lynched and racism is so wrong but at what point do we put the past behind us? It was a different world then!
The Christmas parade was not cancelled due to the planned protests but rather due to threats against the protestors. It's disgusting.
I didn't say anything about why the parade was canceled just the protests. It's all a mess.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would imagine the statute of limitations ran out long ago for that arrest. Nevertheless it’s not the protestors however misguided. It’s the idiots threatening violence. Look I hated seeing anti abortionists outside our local Planned Parenthood. I wasn’t thrilled when my son complained about anti gay activists at his college or anti vaccinators. But I let them be. Because they’ve a right to be there. And I have a right to complain but that’s all I can do. The last thing this country needs is a mass shooting at a Christmas parade so they canceled it. And that’s why we can’t have nice things. Because idiots can’t let people peacefully protest.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:45 pm
I didn't say anything about why the parade was canceled just the protests. It's all a mess.
I don't think you can arbitrarily put an expiration date on people's pain and outrage.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:37 pm What protests are you talking about? Carolyn Bryant had long ago recanted her story about Till that lead to his being lynched. She was a 21 year old mother of two at the time of the lie, not a teenager. A Grand Jury heard evidence against her recently and declined to indict. So she got to live her life with no consequences.

According to your link the parade was cancelled due to threats of violence against the protestors, not because of protestors.

https://heavy.com/news/carolyn-bryant-now/
I said nothing about the parade or why it was canceled. I'm not really worried about a parade. Isn't there a statue of limitations on an old woman who lied 67 years ago? Is she a threat to society now? Is there really a point in imprisoning her?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:49 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:45 pm

I don't think you can arbitrarily put an expiration date on people's pain and outrage.
Its done all of the time.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:48 pm I would imagine the statute of limitations ran out long ago for that arrest. Nevertheless it’s not the protestors however misguided. It’s the idiots threatening violence. Look I hated seeing anti abortionists outside our local Planned Parenthood. I wasn’t thrilled when my son complained about anti gay activists at his college or anti vaccinators. But I let them be. Because they’ve a right to be there. And I have a right to complain but that’s all I can do.
As long as they're peacefully protesting whatever nobody should be threatening violence. It's just such a crazy reason to protest! There's so much wrong in the world now do we have to drag up something that happened 67 years ao?
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Let’s face it… people don't know what a protest like that looks like anymore…

Would it look like peaceful people marching with signs? Would it look like walking into an inferno where every business on the parade route is destroyed?

No one should be threatening anyone… but regular people getting ready to protest gets other people really nervous now… and it makes the violent people go looking for a war now…
Locked Previous topicNext topic