Are you a hugger?

Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm not a hug initiator but I do like hugs so when someone wants to hug me it doesn't bother me at all. I just don't initiate hugs because I'm too shy and reserved for that.

That's a sweet story about the truck and if I were in your shoes I would've had no issues hugging the woman.
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:38 pm I only enjoy hugging my dh and kids but I'd just say yes and hope she's a quick hugger. Sadly it's something I was taught as a child isn't acceptable to refuse and I just haven't figured out how to get around that one yet. Why is it wrong to not be ok with others in your space?
See, that is why I asked. I have a few friends who are NOT huggers and I know this and respect it. I will also be asking them how they would handle this. I don't think it is wrong to say no, but I'm just not sure how that would go since I hug everyone. LOL
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I’d allow it, but it would have been an awkward side hug.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I am a hugger and really missed hugging people during Covid. If it's someone I don't know, I always ask. If they say "no" or "I'm not a hugger", I'm fine with that and offer a fist bump. Only once in the last few years have I hugged someone and felt that it wasn't reciprocated. I haven't tried to hug him since!
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm a take it or leave it when it comes to strangers. I hug my family and friends all of the time. Outside of them, I don't usually initiate a hug but will hug if someone else wants to. My husband is not a hugger. He loves to hug me and the kids, he hugs us often, and that is it. He grew up in a family that gave very little physical affection and it is just unfamiliar. He feels awkward and uncomfortable and just doesn't really know what to do with his body. He gauges the situation and goes from there. Like if my elderly grandparents lean in for a hug goodbye, he will give them one. If someone is very emotionally distraught, he'll suck it up and hug them if they could use one, even though he doesn't want to. Like he walked in on one of his coworkers crying after she had just received a phonecall that her grandfather had died, so when she asked if she could have a hug, he gave her one. Otherwise he will just say that say that he isn't a big hugger. Or he'll say "I'm getting over a cold, I probably shouldn't."
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

With a total stranger? No way. And right now with all the virus spreading I am not even hugging friends. Strictly family and "inner circle" for any physical contact at this point.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I just stand there awkwardly with my hands folded and shrug until the moment passes for the hugger. Lol
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm Italian. I'll hug anyone that stands still long enough! 😂
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I’m a hugger.. most of the time it’s with people I know.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

I don’t go in for the hug, but I hug back if someone hugs me.
Locked Previous topicNext topic