At&t is making it hard to educate my children

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That just stinks. I hope you can find some solution. Our family is a grumpy mess when the internet goes out and we do not even homeschool.

We continue to pay more for high speed cable, due to the concerns I hear about AT&T and Google fiber.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:01 am
Quorra2.0 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:20 am How long is it usually down when it drops in the mornings? Is it possible to just start later in the day? We lived very rural for a few years. There’s no cell service in that area and our only options for internet was satellite or dial up. We started off with dial up, but the phone lines were all so old and the phone company hadn’t put fiber optics in so constantly lost service. Ended up switching to HughesNet, it was the only way we were able to have decently reliable internet. I was taking a few classes online at the time so needed something more than fingers crossed connectivity. It definitely is frustrating.
It doesn't stabilize until afternoon and my kids have extra-curriculars to go to so that's not really an option either.
Our neighbors have hughesnet but it's so terrible he often ends up going to work just to use thr internet.
Your neighbor may need his dish realigned. That was the only complaint I had when we had it. We’d need someone to come out every time after a storm to realign the dish because doing the self realignment with the compass was a pita. They were good about it though, Direct Tv I couldn’t get anyone out and had no service for months before I cancelled our contract and was refunded. Their tech kept rescheduling.

That really sucks. I wonder if AT&T has business internet in your area. It’s a little bit more but you wouldn’t be sharing broadband. I had to do that with one area we lived in. Just too many users on residential at the times I needed it most. It was a little bit more but it was worth it for me at the time.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:44 am My son's school provides a laptop with built in Wifi. You could look into getting one of those. If our Wifi is down at home his computer still works.
Like a built in hotspot? That sounds expensive especially since I'd need 3 of them!
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Hotspot sounds like it would be unreliable as well. My in laws have this problem as well. Is there a public library close by that maybe you could use?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

mommy_jules wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:32 pm Hotspot sounds like it would be unreliable as well. My in laws have this problem as well. Is there a public library close by that maybe you could use?
I mean we could but it's a 20 minute drive each way and it's not very practical to pack up everything we use for school and take it over there. Plus I couldn't do what I need to do during their independent work after lunch.
Locked Previous topicNext topic