Would you attend this wedding?

Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Was this something that was posted recently? I can see someone doing this maybe a year and a half ago, but now??? I wouldn't go unless I was really close to the bride/groom and then I'd be asking them directly what's up.

I attended a wedding this summer and there were no covid restrictions. We all sat close at the ceremony. We all shared tables at the reception. We all danced close on the dance floor throughout the evening. No outbreaks of anything that I'm aware of.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:18 am Was this something that was posted recently? I can see someone doing this maybe a year and a half ago, but now??? I wouldn't go unless I was really close to the bride/groom and then I'd be asking them directly what's up.

I attended a wedding this summer and there were no covid restrictions. We all sat close at the ceremony. We all shared tables at the reception. We all danced close on the dance floor throughout the evening. No outbreaks of anything that I'm aware of.
There are people out there that are this paranoid. I went to visit my family (1st time in 8 or 9 years) this past summer and it was a surprise visit. I wasn't even sure if I'd be allowed in my father's house because my SM is paranoid. They let me in (just to visit, I stayed in a hotel) but I found out my SM quarantined for two weeks once I left - and no, I wasn't sick. And Dad and I went out to dinner with my bro and his gf, and my dad said it was the first time he'd really been "out" in three years because she doesn't let him go anywhere (he can do quick runs to the grocery store or gas station for lotto if he fully masks up). Total BS.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:31 am
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:18 am Was this something that was posted recently? I can see someone doing this maybe a year and a half ago, but now??? I wouldn't go unless I was really close to the bride/groom and then I'd be asking them directly what's up.

There are people out there that are this paranoid. I went to visit my family (1st time in 8 or 9 years) this past summer and it was a surprise visit. I wasn't even sure if I'd be allowed in my father's house because my SM is paranoid. They let me in (just to visit, I stayed in a hotel) but I found out my SM quarantined for two weeks once I left - and no, I wasn't sick. And Dad and I went out to dinner with my bro and his gf, and my dad said it was the first time he'd really been "out" in three years because she doesn't let him go anywhere (he can do quick runs to the grocery store or gas station for lotto if he fully masks up). Total BS.
Wow. Is your SM and your Dad vaccinated? Because at least among people I know personally, anyone who's vaccinated and then gets Covid (and I know several) it's just like a bad flu. None of them even go to the hospital, just stay at home and feel like crap for a few days and then it's over. Sucks when you're in the middle of it but the flu has been doing this to us for ages. Honestly when I had Covid I felt pretty crappy but I have had flus in past years that made me feel worse. The absolute worst one for me was Dec 1999.

IMO, since vaccinations and boosters, there is no reason to be that paranoid unless someone is specifically immunocompromised.
Deleted User 2088

Unread post

While I don't think their rules are going to prevent the spread of illness, I also don't think any of this is particularly inconvenient. Perhaps the covid tests are inconvenient, especially if they are requiring a certain type of test. Otherwise, this wouldn't really affect me much. I can see how people would feel snubbed if they aren't invited to be in the same room with the bride and groom.

I guess it would depend on how close I am with this person and whether or not they are having an open bar. Otherwise, you get to go dance, drink, and eat for free, you just don't get to be in the same room as the people throwing the party.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I wouldn't go
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:51 am
Valentina327 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:20 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:13 pm

How about the 3 negative covid tests per guest and being kept in a separate room from the bride, groom, wedding party, their families, and select guests who are special enough to be allowed in? Because you know only certain people can carry illnesses apparently.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
You know how smart it is ... Remember when you could only take you masks off when you were sitting in a restaurant? It'll only getcha when you're standing! LOL
The best they did here was restaurants had to close at 10pm, because you know COVID waited patiently outside the restaurant until 10:01pm to walk through the doors

As for the wedding. No I would decline. I am not going to a wedding where I feel like a outcast by sitting in another room, because I am not "special" enough to sit in the same room as the bride and groom. Also in regards to the three tests, can they be rapid at home tests, or do they need to be rapid tests done by a professional, or PCR tests. Because there is no damn way I am spending $75 on each test because it is not deemed a necessary test.
If they can be rapid at home tests what the H.E double hockey sticks is the point? These can be faked so easily.

The curfew was another favorite of mine! Completely logical! 😂

These people with that wedding sound like a bunch of loons!
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Catdaughter20
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Wonder if she bleaches everything that comes into the house?
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I wouldn't even go to a wedding right now, lol.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lol, no thanks.
Locked Previous topicNext topic