The hardest people to shop for

Deleted User 2088

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:49 pm My parents, mil and her SO are all easy to shop for. 🤷🏼‍♀️ everyone says I’m the hardest to shop for, I disagree😂.
I can see myself being hard to shop for, to be honest!
Deleted User 2088

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:27 pm For those who have most of their "needs" already met I gift more specialty items that can be used up or shared. Quality scented candles, specialty baking ingredients, hand-made soaps, unusual teas or chai mixes, flavored honey, aged balsamic vinegar, etc.

I also shop the museum gift shops when I travel and buy gifts like premium notecards, book marks, playing cards and calendars by favorite artists.
Museum gift shops are *chef's kiss*
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

RIZZY_1 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:11 pm Are grandparents, hands down. At least, grandparents who are self sufficient and have all they need. I literally can't think of anything to get my parents. They want for so little. All they want is our time and I'm going to give that to them anyway.

What do you get for your parents/grandparents for Christmas? Who do you think is the hardest to shop for?
For my parents, we all chip in and get them something that they wouldn't get themselves. My Mom's begun to have trouble vacuuming so we're getting her one of those Roomba's that empties itself into the canister.

For me, it's my youngest. She's always been a minimalist and usually doesn't want or "need" anything. This year it's easy. Her phone's wifi receiver died so she's getting a new phone and she's finally agreed that the robe she's had for 4 years should be replaced (she's 14 and that robe meant for a 10 year old just isn't covering like it should anymore)
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yes, parents were the hardest to shop for. Luckily we stopped doing that recently (at their request). We don't exchange gifts among the adults anymore because of the fact that most adults in our family have what they want and if there is something else they need/want they just go out and get it. So we all just give gifts to the kids (who are quickly becoming adults but they are still "the kids" generation in the family).

So now the hardest to shop for is those nieces and nephews. I don't always know what they like or what they need. The oldest niece is easier this year because she just got married this summer so I'll get her and her husband something for the house (they started out brand new). But then I've got a niece and nephew in college, a niece who is a senior in HS and a nephew who is a freshman in HS. So we'll see.
Locked Previous topicNext topic