The stresses and worries of being a first time mom

Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I produced nothing out of my breasts prior to birth and I still successfully breastfed both of my boys. Don't worry about your breasts until your baby gets here. It's perfectly normal to have nothing right now.

I don't have advice on the time to yourself piece. I worked full time up until just days before giving birth. But being tired, very normal. I constantly used my lunch hour at work to go to my car and take a nap. Your body is working very hard, it's going to be tired.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I'd get off of tictoc it doesn't sound like a good place for you if it's that easy for you to worry because of what others claim to be experiencing. And I suggest staying off of it after the baby is born or you'll drive yourself to insanity.
Your baby needs you. Not the perfect mom and not those other moms just you doing your best and sometimes rocking it and other times falling flat on your face just like every other mom. He needs your unconditional love, support, and basic needs provided for. He doesn't need pushed to reach milestones first like a lot of moms on there do. There are no perfect parents and nobody knows everything. I saw a video the other day where a mom was claiming her 4 month old is walking and trying to tell people how to get their infants to that point. She was literally holding him by his armpits and making him take "steps" but it really made me thankful I had my kids before tictoc was there telling me I wasn't good enough if my kid wasn't walking at 4 months.
Let your son be a baby without the pressure and let yourself be a mom without it as well. Talk to his pediatrician if you're concerned about his development don't go to tic toc.
Best of luck to you. Being a mom to a newborn is exhausting but I wish I could go back and hold my babies again. It's just not the same once they're taller than you are!
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Oh sweetheart, I sure do remember those days of being pregnant with our first child, and the emotions were so strong. Worry, anxiety, stress, and being consumed by wanting to finally meet our baby. 💕

You are not alone and no book or online video will tell you otherwise, no matter the claims being made in videos.

Every pregnancy is different and unique just as every new Mom is an individual and may/may not experience what other new Moms are experiencing.

You will do just fine. 😊💕 Always remember that THIS is your pregnancy and you're still learning to become a Mom. You will make mistakes and you will have days where everything falls in place fluidly.....just as we all did.

Congrats to you and your husband, and you can do this!!!
Anonymous 4

Unread post

If you are still pregnant, just enjoy those kicks! There is no other feeling like it.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:29 am You're overthinking everything.

And stop comparing yourself to people on Tic Tock.

Just relax and enjoy every moment.

Everything is going to be ok.
Right! Girl you are just fine! Relax and congratulations!
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:12 am Get off TikTok and enjoy your pregnancy. I would suggest you find a moms group in your area or some type of support group for first time moms.

Remember motherhood is a journey there will be ups and downs… stay true to your course because we all approach motherhood differently.. as long as your child is taken care of and you take care of yourself it’s all good.
💜💜💜
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Congratulations, mama!
I’m 36 weeks pregnant with a baby boy too 😊

Don’t worry too much about your milk coming in. Having a few drops of colostrum is completely normal. I didn’t have any at all until my first was actually born. Don’t compare yourself too much to what you see on pregnancytok. I know it’s easy to scroll and scroll and scroll because it’s what you’re going through too, but definitely take it all with a grain of salt.

There’s a Mommas Due in December 2022 group that I’m in on Facebook that’s been really good with first time/second time/third time moms asking questions and giving advice.
I also suggest a local moms support group too.

Best of luck. You’re going to be a great mama!
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Congratulations!

Let us know when baby arrives.
Rosehawk
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

First, get off TicTok and stop comparing yourself to anyone else, online or in real life. Your journey is yours and yours alone. You (and your kiddo) won't do anything exactly like someone else.

Breastfeeding is 100% supply and demand. Don't stress it yet. Part of labor and delivery is creating the hormone that tells your body to start producing milk for your baby. Also, if you find that breastfeeding isn't for you, that's okay!!!! What's most important is that your baby is fed. I will tell you that formula diapers are toxic waste (only slightly joking).

If you're tired, take a nap. Who cares if it's your 5th of the day. You're making a human. Of course you're going to be exhausted. You're almost there! Soon enough you'll get to hold your Little Man, and the rollercoaster ride really begins.
I used to be a people person
Then people ruined it
Locked Previous topicNext topic