Have you ever seen children look like this?

Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:02 am It does look odd. I don't think I've ever seen kids' stomachs looking like that in real life. The pics in a way almost look fake, I don't know exactly how.

But if the kids are that way because of extreme fitness, and they see a doctor regularly who is monitoring their progress, then that's all that matters and what other people think shouldn't matter to the parents.
I agree, looks off.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

My kids were like that. They were always athletic and never tried for abs.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

sarah824 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:14 pm I have a friend who's DD has been doing gymnastics since she was 3 or so and she has had abs like that as long as I can remember. We all joke about how muscular her stomach is.
Her legs are probably muscular too. And arms. I’m always amazed at their leg. Gymnastics is all about strength.
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:04 am
sarah824 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:14 pm I have a friend who's DD has been doing gymnastics since she was 3 or so and she has had abs like that as long as I can remember. We all joke about how muscular her stomach is.
Her legs are probably muscular too. And arms. I’m always amazed at their leg. Gymnastics is all about strength.
Not overly so, at least not when she was really little... It was ALL abs.
Deleted User 2088

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:36 pm
RIZZY_1 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:51 am It concerns me because you can have all the muscle in the world but you won't be able to see it unless your body fat percentage is low enough. That's why they say abs are made in the kitchen. Children are supposed to have a slightly higher body fat percentage that adults, or even teenagers. The extra body fat not only protects against disease, it helps the brain develop properly. So, I do find it concerning.

That said, my kids were underweight for a while. I was shocked when the pedi told us it may be a problem because they were also very healthy, active, and muscular. But they outgrew it.

Do you all remember that other little kid that was a body builder? Let's just say he isn't a body builder any more.
If you look at other photos of the children, you only see their muscles when they are flexed. It looks like they have a healthy ratio of body fat.
I watched the video and I would disagree. They don't look like they are starving, they still look healthy, but it does seem like an unnaturally low amount of body fat compared to muscle.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:16 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:11 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:02 pm I'm not in the habit of judging kids for their looks. Perhaps ask yourself why you think this is of note and why it is any of your F***ing business in the first place.
Sigh. Again. I am posting to stir up conversation. I made a post. That is what this website is for. You add NOTHING to any post but bitterness and hatred. Why are you even on here? You hate everything about this site apparently.
Not everything. Just the obvious trolls desperately seeking attention
Not everyone is a troll. Get over yourself.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 10 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:30 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:11 pm

Sigh. Again. I am posting to stir up conversation. I made a post. That is what this website is for. You add NOTHING to any post but bitterness and hatred. Why are you even on here? You hate everything about this site apparently.
And how is this post even a troll post?? I posted an article from a magazine. There is nothing trolly about it.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

So I came across a video she posted in response to this and realized why it looks photoshopped. Especially the girls abs are weird. Typically you see lines that meet in the middle of the stomach and hers are at odd angles and not symmetrical. What's with that?
Anonymous 11

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:02 pm
Anonymous 10 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:30 pm

And how is this post even a troll post?? I posted an article from a magazine. There is nothing trolly about it.
To her everything is either a troll post or someone desperately seeking attention. Probably why you've never seen her make a post. She's too self conscious that people will think about her the same way she thinks about everyone else.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No. And it's not healthy for young children to lift weights in order to get washboard abs. Being healthy does not equal being "ripped." From her comments I'd say she is a special diet freak who is mistreating her kids because of her lame ideas about food and exercise.
Locked Previous topicNext topic