Is my mom using me?

Deleted User 2088

Unread post

Quite the reverse, dear.

And, I can understand what you mean by needing a night out and that. But you've also got ailing/elderly parents. They've lived this long; if you love them and want to do what's right by them, I suggest you get used to it.

My parents were always the oldest of my friend group. As much as that was an experience while I was growing up, nothing prepared me for what I've been through in the last few years. I've been to the ER with my parents 7 times so far in 2022. None of those times has it happened when I was sitting at home, sober, doing nothing. Every single time has been 10 pm, 3 am, on a special occasion, just as my husband got home from a trip, just as I was leaving town. It's never going to be convenient, welcome to having ailing/elderly parents. You don't have to be there for them but it doesn't sound like you could live with yourself if you weren't. I know I couldn't. My parents weren't great parents but I'll see them through. It's been VERY difficult.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I’ll play. My nineteen year old pays more in rent, mows for me, does chores and certainly would help me if I had to have surgery. 200 wouldn’t even cover my electric bill. You think she’s using you move out and get your own place. Easy pesy.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

You are 100% taking advantage of her. My dh and I paid $300/month to live with my in-laws for a few months when we were first married. That covered rent and utilities that's it. We didn't have a kid, we paid for and prepared our own food, and we frequently watched their children and ran errands for them. We had our own vehicles we paid for as well as our own gas and insurance. On top of that we were only there for 4 months until the rental we were waiting on opened up.
You should be paying your mom more for rent, paying for your and your son's food, sharing the utilities, and paying for childcare. I feel like you are a spoiled brat and don't realize that the measly $50/week you give her likely doesn't even pay for the food she buys you.
I want so badly for this to be a troll but some people are just this self centered that they can't see what's right under their nose.
And I highly suspect this is either kookoo or the person who made up kookoo because I'm not entirely sure she's not a troll either.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

$200 a month and an obligation to help clean up is not “using” you.

If you want to know what using someone is: I recently read about this woman who lives with her mom, gets free babysitting from her, only has to pay $50 a week, and help around the house. She refused to help when her mom was in obvious distress. Then, she stayed at a motel because she didn’t want to “deal with” her sick mom.

Can you imagine if you were that self-absorbed and entitled? Oh wait…
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:00 pm
Murdoc's Mistress wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:18 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:59 am

I am an functional adult. Not even close to a child.

I feel like the last few weeks she is using and abusing me
Sounds like a you problem. You live there, so you need to clean up too and pay something to offset what you use in utilities. And unless your mom was abusive as shit, requiring a little extra help while she recovers isn't her using and abusing you.

If you think this is oh so terrible, move out and get your own place.
I shouldn't have to pay plus help out. I'm sorry she needed surgery but she should of made plans.
my dd pays $350 a month and helps keep the house clean. I am sure your child makes a huge part of the mess
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Thanks for trolling.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It’s her house, you don’t like it move out. I’m sure you’ll have no trouble finding a place to live, including utilities and childcare for $200 a month. 😂😂😂
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Oh yeah, she’s totally using you. You should most definitely move.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I hope this isn’t real and you’re not this shitty of a person.
My damn grocery bill is more than $50 a week.

You need your own space.
Rosehawk
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:59 am
Murdoc's Mistress wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:39 am Is this real? You live there, so you're obligated to help out by cleaning your space and helping clean the communal spaces. You use up food, utilities, etc so regardless of how much you "help out" you should still pay something. You're acting like a spoiled child.
I am an functional adult. Not even close to a child.

I feel like the last few weeks she is using and abusing me
Then move out. I guarantee you, you won't find anywhere to live for $200/mo. If anything, you're abusing her.
I used to be a people person
Then people ruined it
Locked Previous topicNext topic