Is my mom using me?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I got divorced 2 yrs ago and moved in with my mom. My son who is now 4 lives with us. My charged me $50 a week. I think that is high but whatever. She usually work full time day shift. I work part time in the evenings. She usually helps with my son. She had surgery 3 weeks ago and has been unable tobhelp with my son. She also told me she would need my help around the house. She precooked meals but would need help with other stuff. I have been trying to help but it's been rough.
Last night my son was with his dad. So for the first time in a few weeks I got to go out. My mom was having a bad pain day and asked me to stay to help her. I declined. I am sorry but not really. I need a break too. I need to drink. Well after a few hours I got a call from my aunt that my mom wasn't doing good and needed help. Believe me I didn't want to hear it. My brother who lives 2 hrs away went to my mom along with aunt. So she was covered. I decided to get a hotel room so that I didn't have to deal with everything.

So here Inam with 30 mins left enjoying room service.

My mom is begging me for the money I owe. But I feel since I am doing all the work I shouldn't have to pay.

Is my mom using me?
Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Is this real? You live there, so you're obligated to help out by cleaning your space and helping clean the communal spaces. You use up food, utilities, etc so regardless of how much you "help out" you should still pay something. You're acting like a spoiled child.
You were born an original, don't die a copy.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

keep trolling
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Murdoc's Mistress wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:39 am Is this real? You live there, so you're obligated to help out by cleaning your space and helping clean the communal spaces. You use up food, utilities, etc so regardless of how much you "help out" you should still pay something. You're acting like a spoiled child.
I am an functional adult. Not even close to a child.

I feel like the last few weeks she is using and abusing me
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

She didn't have to let you move in nor allow you to continue living there.

In fact, were I your Mom and unless your attitude about this arrangement changed, I would be giving you a month to clear out.

Be grateful and grow up.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

You write like kookoo.
Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:59 am
Murdoc's Mistress wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:39 am Is this real? You live there, so you're obligated to help out by cleaning your space and helping clean the communal spaces. You use up food, utilities, etc so regardless of how much you "help out" you should still pay something. You're acting like a spoiled child.
I am an functional adult. Not even close to a child.

I feel like the last few weeks she is using and abusing me
Sounds like a you problem. You live there, so you need to clean up too and pay something to offset what you use in utilities. And unless your mom was abusive as shit, requiring a little extra help while she recovers isn't her using and abusing you.

If you think this is oh so terrible, move out and get your own place.
You were born an original, don't die a copy.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:29 am You write like kookoo.
Maybe she's bored.
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

This can’t be real.
If it is—you are absolutely the one using her
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Sounds like the reverse is happening to me.
Locked Previous topicNext topic