How to fade hair color

Anonymous 1

Unread post

What do you do if you had your hair colored and it turned out too dark? Any tips to fade it?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Just get out into the sun and let it fade naturally. That’s assuming it’s brunette and not an unnatural color. Otherwise I’m not sure what totell you
Anonymous 1

Unread post

It’s pretty cold here now and not too sunny but the color is also pretty dark…looks black and unnatural. Ugh!
Pjmm wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:29 pm Just get out into the sun and let it fade naturally. That’s assuming it’s brunette and not an unnatural color. Otherwise I’m not sure what totell you
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Wash it with warm/hot water with regular shampoo? This always makes my color fade faster — so I avoid it, as I want my color to last, so maybe it will work in your favor.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Also professional help — my stylist can fix anything!
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Use a colour remover that you can get at some drug stores. Or head to the salon for the professionals to do it.
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I’ve had it dyed too light before. I went back to the stylist where I had it done and asked for it to be fixed…granted, that’s an easier problem to fix, but I would do the same if it turned out too dark. I also don’t trust myself to DIY anything, I would definitely make it worse, but I’m sure there’s a drugstore solution if you’re braver than I, haha ;)
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If you had it done by a stylist call them and see what they can do, particularly if you told them you wanted it a certain colour and you got something different.

If you used a box dye this might help. Mix a tablespoon of baking soda with 2 tablespoons of dandruff shampoo and leave it on your hair for about 10 minutes. Follow with a good conditioning mask, preferably one with protein in it because this will dry out our hair but it should also strip colour off the hair shaft. There are chemical colour removers on the market but they leave your hair really damaged and you'd need to dye it again because the colour will most likely be a not so lovely shade of orange when you're done.

You can use the baking soda every 3 days to continue lightening if you need to. If you're hair is already damaged, though, do this at your own risk.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:49 pm It’s pretty cold here now and not too sunny but the color is also pretty dark…looks black and unnatural. Ugh!
Pjmm wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:29 pm Just get out into the sun and let it fade naturally. That’s assuming it’s brunette and not an unnatural color. Otherwise I’m not sure what totell you
Try washing it in really hot water and shampoo it daily. Hot opens up the hair from what stylists have told me, and that might help let some of it fade.

They always tell you to rinse in cold to lock the color in so that it lasts longer, so maybe do the opposite.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Thank you all for the suggestions! I ended up going to someone else to have some highlights added after I tried some things that didn't really help and I feel much better.
Locked Previous topicNext topic