Disappointed

Deleted User 2088

Unread post

My brother cancelled for Christmas again this year. When he cancelled last year, I turned to my husband and said, "Well, he's going to miss our dad's last Christmas." I just had a feeling that my dad wouldn't last the year. I was both right and wrong- we all missed it because my parents got sick and everyone cancelled. But my dad did not last the year.

This morning when my step dad told me that my brother had cancelled, he said, "This will probably be your mom's last Christmas, we have to make it special." And I just know. He's got to be right. We'll be fortunate if she makes it to her 79th birthday in January.

This is so hard.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

My grandma said it would probably be her last *fill in the blank* for over 30 years. I wouldn't dwell on it unless there's a medical problem that makes it likely.
I hope you have a great Christmas with your family.
Deleted User 2088

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:29 am My grandma said it would probably be her last *fill in the blank* for over 30 years. I wouldn't dwell on it unless there's a medical problem that makes it likely.
I'm trying not to dwell on it but my parents are in very bad health. My mom has a broken back, vascular dementia, had 7-8 mini strokes this year. I'm on a first name basis with the evening shift nurses at the hospital, I've lost count how many times I've had to rush to the hospital in 2022. Death does appear to be eminent.

Thank you, though. I'm trying to think of ways to make it extra special.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm sorry your family is dealing with this. It's always hard watching close family members decline, not knowing how long you have left. You all have my sympathy.

I just watched / am still watching my boss go through this. His wife was diagnosed with ALS and they knew their time was limited. Every time he talked about her and how she was doing I just had this feeling that she wasn't going to make it to the end of the year. She passed away end of October. Now my boss and his DD are going away for Christmas this year because they can't bear to be at home with all the memories of her. I see every day how much he struggles and it's rough.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I'm so sorry.

Prayers for you and your family.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

RIZZY_1 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:34 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:29 am My grandma said it would probably be her last *fill in the blank* for over 30 years. I wouldn't dwell on it unless there's a medical problem that makes it likely.
I'm trying not to dwell on it but my parents are in very bad health. My mom has a broken back, vascular dementia, had 7-8 mini strokes this year. I'm on a first name basis with the evening shift nurses at the hospital, I've lost count how many times I've had to rush to the hospital in 2022. Death does appear to be eminent.

Thank you, though. I'm trying to think of ways to make it extra special.
This phase of life absolutely sucks. There's no other word for it. I'm not adjusting well to being an orphan myself. Contemplating all of this is overwhelming.

I'm so very sorry you're going through this. I hope you're able to put this at the back of your mind and enjoy your time together, however long you'll be given. ❤️❤️❤️
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Locked Previous topicNext topic