Candace Cameron Bure won't make movies with LGBTQ families

Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

She is entitled to her beliefs and what she wishes to portray on screen. Bottom line of her thoughts and actions do not align with yours then the tv channel. Don’t support networks that support her.

The idea that everyone has to be accepting of every social change is bullshit. We all have our own beliefs and acceptances and need to just get along instead of being so divisive when someone disagrees.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Heyteacher wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:47 pm She is entitled to her beliefs and what she wishes to portray on screen. Bottom line of her thoughts and actions do not align with yours then the tv channel. Don’t support networks that support her.

The idea that everyone has to be accepting of every social change is bullshit. We all have our own beliefs and acceptances and need to just get along instead of being so divisive when someone disagrees.
To me this is no different than if she announced a new network showing only white characters and publicly stated this was celebrating the "Great American" society.
Mamaof5
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

These are essentially my thoughts as well. She can do whatever movies she wants. The network can also do what they want. (My hope is that the free market takes care of that.) But, the comment sections on those posts don’t surprise me. Society as a whole (the general attitude) mostly seems to be moving in the right direction, but there’s still a lot of hateful people out there and those people are especially vocal on the internet
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

As pretty much everyone here has said, she has a right to do whatever kind of movie she wants and if she doesn’t feel comfortable in a network that portrays ideas an values contrary to her own, she can just walk away. But why make an announcement of it? Just walk away and leave it at that. Obviously she wanted to make it an issue, which is what I think is uncalled for.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

And again, that would be her right to do. Sadly there are still those who would support that. However the best way to not is to turn the channel. Still, she, just like the rest of us are entitled to our personal belief systems.

MonarchMom wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:37 pm
Heyteacher wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:47 pm She is entitled to her beliefs and what she wishes to portray on screen. Bottom line of her thoughts and actions do not align with yours then the tv channel. Don’t support networks that support her.

To me this is no different than if she announced a new network showing only white characters and publicly stated this was celebrating the "Great American" society.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Heyteacher wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:40 pm And again, that would be her right to do. Sadly there are still those who would support that. However the best way to not is to turn the channel. Still, she, just like the rest of us are entitled to our personal belief systems.

That reminds me of the time when BET came out and yt people lost their minds.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:01 pm
Heyteacher wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:40 pm And again, that would be her right to do. Sadly there are still those who would support that. However the best way to not is to turn the channel. Still, she, just like the rest of us are entitled to our personal belief systems.

Is there a reason in this post and in another you have trouble spelling out the word white? What's that about?
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I feel like you’re a white person that just recently learned that “yt” spelling so are using it every chance you get. It’s not that often on this site that a new word shows up in almost every post.
Mamaof5
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:26 pm

Is there a reason in this post and in another you have trouble spelling out the word white? What's that about?
It’s likely a habit for them. Other sites, when you spell out white will flag it for hate speech
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Mamaof5 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:26 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:26 pm

It’s likely a habit for them. Other sites, when you spell out white will flag it for hate speech
Then those sites need to be sued…
Locked Previous topicNext topic