What's 1 thing your husband wants really bad but you won't let him have?

WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

There were a lot of things (mullet, muscle car, motorcycle, a leather sectional, "Big Johnson" t-shirts <sigh>, a pirate tattoo...).
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:57 am
Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:09 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:02 am

Thank you for actually answering the question and not pretending a wife never says no to anything. Funny thing my DH has a motorcycle and I didn't mind that, but no to the kayak lol. A motorcycle is much more dangerous and more accidents than a kayak. I make no sense.
Some wives don't say no. I haven't. As long as bills are paid and we have savings it really doesn't matter what he buys
This post has nothing to do with money. In my OP I gave examples of safety, an animal, and an ugly painting. Not sure why most turned it into a question of money and finances.
Yeah, you said you say no to what kind of clothes he wants to buy…

That’s just not how a lot of us work.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Op what you are talking about is toxic. That's why most people aren't experiencing it.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

A WWII airplane. The #1 thing he talks about any time the lottery gets big. lol.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

I told him no on many things he wanted.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:02 am

Thank you for actually answering the question and not pretending a wife never says no to anything. Funny thing my DH has a motorcycle and I didn't mind that, but no to the kayak lol. A motorcycle is much more dangerous and more accidents than a kayak. I make no sense.
Some wives don't say no. I haven't. As long as bills are paid and we have savings it really doesn't matter what he buys
This post has nothing to do with money. In my OP I gave examples of safety, an animal, and an ugly painting. Not sure why most turned it into a question of money and finances.
I think for some people, money and finances are that automatic thought on why a person may say no. There are a lot of reasons why a person may say no that has nothing to do with finances or even control.

Dh isn’t allowed animals without consulting me. This wasn’t always the case. But things eventually got to that point. Same over the vehicles. It wasn’t an instant thing, it was something that eventually I had to say enough is enough. My bff is at that point on vehicles too, lol. Right now her Dh has 2 projects in the garage(his 32 roadster, her 38 rat road), 6 future projects in the back yard, 3 trucks in the driveway(2 being lowered, 1 being lifted) and daily vehicles are parked on the street. She has 2 engines in her dining room because he has no room anywhere else. I have 3 in my front room plus stacks of crates with parts because there isn’t room in our garage for everything. And I get it, when your offered a great deal you want to jump on it, but as I said in my original reply, until he gets Jay Leno’s garage we just do not have the space for every single great deal he’s offered to be able to jump on.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:06 am

All clothes? No. An article of clothing I think is hideous? Yeah, I have no problem saying that hat with the fuzzy dear horns is ugly and put it down. Congratulations on loving everything your husband loves I guess.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:01 am

I think for some people, money and finances are that automatic thought on why a person may say no. There are a lot of reasons why a person may say no that has nothing to do with finances or even control.

Dh isn’t allowed animals without consulting me. This wasn’t always the case. But things eventually got to that point. Same over the vehicles. It wasn’t an instant thing, it was something that eventually I had to say enough is enough. My bff is at that point on vehicles too, lol. Right now her Dh has 2 projects in the garage(his 32 roadster, her 38 rat road), 6 future projects in the back yard, 3 trucks in the driveway(2 being lowered, 1 being lifted) and daily vehicles are parked on the street. She has 2 engines in her dining room because he has no room anywhere else. I have 3 in my front room plus stacks of crates with parts because there isn’t room in our garage for everything. And I get it, when your offered a great deal you want to jump on it, but as I said in my original reply, until he gets Jay Leno’s garage we just do not have the space for every single great deal he’s offered to be able to jump on.
Great example! Lots of men would turn their yard and house into Sanford & Son if the wife has no problem with it. I have a lovely dining set and will not be riddled with car parts lol.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:04 am There were a lot of things (mullet, muscle car, motorcycle, a leather sectional, "Big Johnson" t-shirts <sigh>, a pirate tattoo...).
C’mon say yes to the pirate tattoo… lol!
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:28 am
BobCobbMagob wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:06 am

All clothes? No. An article of clothing I think is hideous? Yeah, I have no problem saying that hat with the fuzzy dear horns is ugly and put it down. Congratulations on loving everything your husband loves I guess.
Does he tell you no if you really like an article of clothing but he doesn’t?
Locked Previous topicNext topic