Dump the car?

Spookly
Duchess
Duchess

CannotCount wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:20 pm If you live in an area that’s got almost everything you need in walking distance I could see doing it. How often do you drive your car as is?
We only use it to pick up DS5 from school because his school doesn't do bus, but he gets out in 2 weeks and we're gonna enroll him in a different school next year that DOES have bus. Otherwise? maybe twice a week to get groceries and that's it.
CannotCount
It’s Misspelt
Marchioness
Marchioness

Spookly wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:02 pm
CannotCount wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:20 pm If you live in an area that’s got almost everything you need in walking distance I could see doing it. How often do you drive your car as is?
We only use it to pick up DS5 from school because his school doesn't do bus, but he gets out in 2 weeks and we're gonna enroll him in a different school next year that DOES have bus. Otherwise? maybe twice a week to get groceries and that's it.
Is there a grocery delivery service in your area?
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Spookly wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:00 pm
mater-three wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:15 pm I couldn’t not have a car. I’d ditch that one and get a better one
That's ultimately what we decided.

I don’t blame you. I was lol at my reply. Where is the grammar Nazis now? “Couldn’t not” haha
Spookly
Duchess
Duchess

CannotCount wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:04 pm
Spookly wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:02 pm
Is there a grocery delivery service in your area?
Instacart, but I hear really bad things about them and overcharging.
Walmart ship to home, I've never used before.
unicorn supreme❤
Villein
Villein

I have lived without a car and would not do it again, especially not with kids. I would find one that is lower maintenance and stash away money for repairs whenever possible. Having a good mechanic you can trust helps too.
Locked Previous topicNext topic