Rhode Island says COVID-positive staff can return to work at hospitals and nursing homes to solve 'staffing crisis

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Rhode Island's Department of Health has said that hospital and nursing home staff who test positive for COVID-19 can return to work to solve a staffing "crisis" if needed.

A quarantine and isolation guidance updated by the state's health department on December 31 said there are no restrictions "with prioritization considerations (e.g., asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic)" in a crisis situation for vaccinated and unvaccinated staffers.

"Crisis staffing means there are no longer enough staff to provide safe patient/resident care," the memo said.
https://www.businessinsider.com/rhode-i ... ork-2022-1
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Makes me glad I’m not a sick or elderly person in Rhode Island…
And makes me pray that any person they infect has a mild case, like the one I had. Because omicron is spreading like wildfire, and it’s not always a walk in the park. I was able to properly quarantine but if I knew I had given it to someone else and they weren’t that lucky, I couldn’t live with myself.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I think that we are heading to the point where this will treated like your typical cold and flu season and people will be “encouraged” to stay home if sick but expected to show up regardless.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I think it makes more sense that if they have tested positive but are asymptomatic or even recovering with mild symptoms, have them wear an N-95 and carry on. We can't continue to quarantine perfectly healthy people just because they've been exposed or test positive. We have to keep moving forward with life.
scemily526
Regent
Regent

Unread post

my sister in Ct said the same thing for hospitals there too
scemily526
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:23 pm I think it makes more sense that if they have tested positive but are asymptomatic or even recovering with mild symptoms, have them wear an N-95 and carry on. We can't continue to quarantine perfectly healthy people just because they've been exposed or test positive. We have to keep moving forward with life.
how is someone who is testing positive for a contagious virus deemed ''healthy'' enough to go to work and expose others?
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

scemily526 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:35 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:23 pm I think it makes more sense that if they have tested positive but are asymptomatic or even recovering with mild symptoms, have them wear an N-95 and carry on. We can't continue to quarantine perfectly healthy people just because they've been exposed or test positive. We have to keep moving forward with life.
how is someone who is testing positive for a contagious virus deemed ''healthy'' enough to go to work and expose others?
Maybe I should back up and add that I think it's ridiculous to test people in the first place who have no symptoms of illness. But I'm guessing these asymptomatic yet positive people are under some sort of testing mandate otherwise they would never know they are positive to begin with.
But where I'm at there are no testing requirements that I'm aware of so I assume asymptomatic yet positive people are going to school and work all the time.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Oh, no! If anyone has a contagious disease, and especially if it's COVID they do NOT need to go into work or school! It can still be spread that way! So no, that does NOT make any sense. People who are sick with ANYTHING should stay home and not go into work to spread it around. People in Rhode Island have lost their minds to think that.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Probably yes. And they’re the ones spreading it. Hence why some places require testing.
DH has no idea where he got, I know he gave it to me. This thing seems to pass along just by looking at someone who has it, it’s that contagious. Maybe if he had gone to a place that required testing, we would’ve known sooner. For us, it was nothing. DH had some muscle pain and fever. I didn’t even have a fever and the only reason I took the test was because his was positive and I thought my dry throat may be a symptom. He also thought that if mine came back positive he could move back into our room instead of being quarantined in my youngest’s room 😁
But we’re healthy, not in a high risk age group and vaccinated. DH is slightly overdue for the booster, I can get it at the end of this month. So it was not only mild for us, I actually felt worse after my flu shot. I’ve had worst colds in my life. But people who are already sick, or are elderly or unvaccinated aren’t that fortunate. So do I understand that it may be a necessary measure because the alternative is no care? Yeah, I honestly do. But is it a good measure? No. It can turn seriously bad very soon and I hope it doesn’t, because as I said, if I’d had given it to someone else and they weren’t as lucky as me, I would feel terrible.
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:39 pm
Maybe I should back up and add that I think it's ridiculous to test people in the first place who have no symptoms of illness. But I'm guessing these asymptomatic yet positive people are under some sort of testing mandate otherwise they would never know they are positive to begin with.
But where I'm at there are no testing requirements that I'm aware of so I assume asymptomatic yet positive people are going to school and work all the time.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

They’re not. But hospitals are desperate. And when you’re desperate, when people are overwhelmed, you do what you got to. The answer is get vaccinated and be cautious. But not everyone wears masks or vaccinates. So this is the result. The health care workers suffer.
Locked Previous topicNext topic