Actor Chris Noth fired over 20 year old accusations

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The actor Chris Noth, 67, facing allegations that he sexually assaulted two women, has been dropped from “The Equalizer” and will no longer film any new episodes of the television series, Universal Television and CBS said in a joint statement on Monday.

The move, which is effective immediately, came just days after the women’s accusations against the actor appeared in an article in The Hollywood Reporter.

In the Hollywood Reporter article, one woman said that Mr. Noth raped her in 2004, when she was 22. Another woman said she was assaulted by Mr. Noth in 2015, when she was 25, following a date in New York City. The women were identified with pseudonyms.

Sarah Jessica Parker, Cynthia Nixon and Kristin Davis, who starred in “S*x and the City” said they were “deeply saddened” to hear about the allegations against the actor.

“We support the women who have come forward and shared their painful experiences,” the three women said. “We know it must be a very difficult thing to do and we commend them for it.”
So all it takes now is for someone to accuse someone of sexual assault to destroy the person’s life. Not a guilty verdict or an admission of guilt, just “yeah I had a date with him and he raped me. “ 18 years ago. If the S*x was consensual like he claims, it doesn’t matter, he’s been declared guilty.
Deleted User 1949

Unread post

Scary times.

The point of a finger means your life is destroyed.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:42 pm
The actor Chris Noth, 67, facing allegations that he sexually assaulted two women, has been dropped from “The Equalizer” and will no longer film any new episodes of the television series, Universal Television and CBS said in a joint statement on Monday.

The move, which is effective immediately, came just days after the women’s accusations against the actor appeared in an article in The Hollywood Reporter.

In the Hollywood Reporter article, one woman said that Mr. Noth raped her in 2004, when she was 22. Another woman said she was assaulted by Mr. Noth in 2015, when she was 25, following a date in New York City. The women were identified with pseudonyms.

Sarah Jessica Parker, Cynthia Nixon and Kristin Davis, who starred in “S*x and the City” said they were “deeply saddened” to hear about the allegations against the actor.

“We support the women who have come forward and shared their painful experiences,” the three women said. “We know it must be a very difficult thing to do and we commend them for it.”
So all it takes now is for someone to accuse someone of sexual assault to destroy the person’s life. Not a guilty verdict or an admission of guilt, just “yeah I had a date with him and he raped me. “ 18 years ago. If the S*x was consensual like he claims, it doesn’t matter, he’s been declared guilty.
I believe it is now four women who have made allegations of assault, some happening during the last few years. Not sure how this should be handled, but if CBS decided they don't want to engage him for the pending next season of a TV show that is a business decision they are entitled to make. Does that mean his life is "destroyed?" I don't know. We have now seen people accused of assault become SC Judges and even President. I don't think an accusation is the end of the story.

Worth noting that his SITC co-stars of many years did not seem surprised by the accusations, and his talent management agency choose to also drop him - all folks who presumably know him well.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don't have a problem with this. Noth probably had a morality clause in his contract and the accusations certainly could be seen as an embarrassment for the studio(s).

It's five accusers now. What I find particularly interesting is that one of them worked on the set of "SITC" and the actors from "SITC" are supporting the women. Hm. Makes me think that this did not come as a huge surprise.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:12 pm

I believe it is now four women who have made allegations of assault, some happening during the last few years. Not sure how this should be handled, but if CBS decided they don't want to engage him for the pending next season of a TV show that is a business decision they are entitled to make. Worth noting that his SITC co-stars of many years did not seem surprised by the accusations, and his talent management agency choose to also drop him - all folks who presumably know him well.
You said it a lot better than I did, lol.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:14 pm I don't have a problem with this. Noth probably had a morality clause in his contract and the accusations certainly could be seen as an embarrassment for the studio(s).

It's five accusers now. What I find particularly interesting is that one of them worked on the set of "SITC" and the actors from "SITC" are supporting the women. Hm. Makes me think that this did not come as a huge surprise.
Maybe. Or maybe they calculated which side to support based on their best interest. Or maybe he did it plus more. Maybe most male actors take advantage of their fame.

Point is he hasn’t been convicted of a crime. The woman who said he came to her apartment and was immediately all over her forcefully until he left in a rage, she wants the statue of limitations changed. This woman’s story sounds legitimate. He was aggressively pushing her for S*x, groping her until she finally pushed him out. Again, sounds legit but is she exaggerating? Is her memory faulty? It was a lifetime ago.

Hopefully woman are learning to report these kind of things as they happen.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:12 pm

I believe it is now four women who have made allegations of assault, some happening during the last few years. Not sure how this should be handled, but if CBS decided they don't want to engage him for the pending next season of a TV show that is a business decision they are entitled to make. Does that mean his life is "destroyed?" I don't know. We have now seen people accused of assault become SC Judges and even President. I don't think an accusation is the end of the story.

Worth noting that his SITC co-stars of many years did not seem surprised by the accusations, and his talent management agency choose to also drop him - all folks who presumably know him well.
All those women waited too long. I don’t blame the woman who was a teenager in the 70’s who came forward about Kavanough. No one reported those kind of things back then.

But Noth lost his agency, he won’t work again. Maybe he did it but we’ll never know.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:42 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:14 pm I don't have a problem with this. Noth probably had a morality clause in his contract and the accusations certainly could be seen as an embarrassment for the studio(s).

Maybe. Or maybe they calculated which side to support based on their best interest. Or maybe he did it plus more. Maybe most male actors take advantage of their fame.

Point is he hasn’t been convicted of a crime. The woman who said he came to her apartment and was immediately all over her forcefully until he left in a rage, she wants the statue of limitations changed. This woman’s story sounds legitimate. He was aggressively pushing her for S*x, groping her until she finally pushed him out. Again, sounds legit but is she exaggerating? Is her memory faulty? It was a lifetime ago.

If you have a morality clause in your work contract, you don't have to be convicted of a crime in order to be terminated.
Deleted User 1949

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:05 pm

If you have a morality clause in your work contract, you don't have to be convicted of a crime in order to be terminated.
A morality clause covers a person’s behavior.
The point is, we don’t know if this was his behavior. As of now, It’s an accusation that could be made against anyone and destroy anyone’s career at the whim of anyone who wants revenge.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lindsay wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:12 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:05 pm

A morality clause covers a person’s behavior.
The point is, we don’t know if this was his behavior. As of now, It’s an accusation that could be made against anyone and destroy anyone’s career at the whim of anyone who wants revenge.
Not sure that any "contract" is involved here. From what I've read CBS has declined to re-hire him for a show that has not even been picked-up for an additional season yet. And the agency that represents him works for him, they don't employee him. Peleton pulled the ads that featured him, but again that is a business decision they made pending the outcome of this issue. He was already paid to make the commercial.

I think it would be quite unlikely that four or five separate women would come forward about one man on a "whim" for revenge. Being involved in a public story about sexual assault does not generally enhance the career of the women involved. Most never come forward out of concern of exactly this type of judgement - that they won't be believed and will be seen as false accusers.
Locked Previous topicNext topic