CDC shortens Covid isolation period to 5 days for people without symptoms

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Monday that people who test positive for Covid-19 but have no symptoms should isolate for five days, down from the previous recommendation of 10 days.

The agency attributed the change to growing evidence that the virus is most infectious in the two or three days after symptoms arise.

In addition to cutting the time in half for isolation, the CDC said that for people who are asymptomatic, an additional five days of wearing a mask when around others is recommended.

"Therefore, people who test positive should isolate for five days and, if asymptomatic at that time, they may leave isolation if they can continue to mask for five days to minimize the risk of infecting others," the CDC said in a statement.

The agency also recommended that unvaccinated people or those who are more than six months out from their second mRNA dose and not yet boosted should quarantine for five days after exposure to the virus followed by "strict mask use for an additional 5 days."
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... d-n1286653
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Although the CDC is citing evidence, I truly believe this is more about workforce impact and a push back to normalcy, as opposed to a health decision.

That’s just my 2 cents
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

SoFloMom wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:50 pm Although the CDC is citing evidence, I truly believe this is more about workforce impact and a push back to normalcy, as opposed to a health decision.

That’s just my 2 cents
I agree.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SoFloMom wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:50 pm Although the CDC is citing evidence, I truly believe this is more about workforce impact and a push back to normalcy, as opposed to a health decision.

That’s just my 2 cents
Personally, I think that's fine. Workforce impact is an important factor to consider as well. It can't just be about 'prevent infection at all costs'.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Maybe. But the science is solid. They’re not rationalizing facts. They probably had the options of either erring on the side of medical concern or erring on the side of causing social panic and they decided to err on the former side, which at this point, I can’t criticize,

That’s just my 2 cents
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

They have said this Omicron variation is mild compared to Delta. And vaccinated people would have symptoms of a cold if they do get a breakthrough infection. Treatment is better than in 2020 so it makes sense
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DH tested positive today, he’s quarantined in my youngest son’s room 🤷‍♀️ It is a pain in the ass, but I think he’ll be there for the rest of the week and then we’ll see.
He’s not feeling too bad, though. He’s vaccinated, but he is overdue for the booster shot. So far none of us are showing any symptoms, but we’re all vaccinated and my oldest had his booster shot last week.
Lemons wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:45 pm They have said this Omicron variation is mild compared to Delta. And vaccinated people would have symptoms of a cold if they do get a breakthrough infection. Treatment is better than in 2020 so it makes sense
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:18 pm DH tested positive today, he’s quarantined in my youngest son’s room 🤷‍♀️ It is a pain in the ass, but I think he’ll be there for the rest of the week and then we’ll see.
He’s not feeling too bad, though. He’s vaccinated, but he is overdue for the booster shot. So far none of us are showing any symptoms, but we’re all vaccinated and my oldest had his booster shot last week.
Lemons wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:45 pm They have said this Omicron variation is mild compared to Delta. And vaccinated people would have symptoms of a cold if they do get a breakthrough infection. Treatment is better than in 2020 so it makes sense
How did he find out? I’ve had cold symptoms this past week. Then I read that Omicron can give cold symptoms to vaccinated people. People think they have a common cold and it ends up being Covid.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

He felt like he was coming out with a cold and had a hunch, so he took a PCR test, even when he thought it couldn’t be covid because he wasn’t feeling that bad.
Lemons wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:57 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:18 pm DH tested positive today, he’s quarantined in my youngest son’s room 🤷‍♀️ It is a pain in the ass, but I think he’ll be there for the rest of the week and then we’ll see.
How did he find out? I’ve had cold symptoms this past week. Then I read that Omicron can give cold symptoms to vaccinated people. People think they have a common cold and it ends up being Covid.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That’s what I read. Vaccinated people will have mild or no symptoms. You can imagine how many people aren’t going to get tested because of this.

Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:19 pm He felt like he was coming out with a cold and had a hunch, so he took a PCR test, even when he thought it couldn’t be covid because he wasn’t feeling that bad.
Lemons wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:57 pm

Locked Previous topicNext topic