What kind of holiday shopper are you?

LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It varies every year but I am always out at the last second since my kids stockings have fruit and I prefer it to be fresh, plus I always forget someone.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The last one…We’ve only got one present so far. 😂DH’s parents are coming to get the kids for the week tomorrow, so we are going shopping afterward. We don’t exchange gifts with my side of the family(just too many), so we just have DH’s parents, his uncle, and sister and her husband in addition to our 3 kids.
Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SoFloMom wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:18 pm
Murdoc's Mistress wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:47 pm Sometimes its thru the year, other times usually around Oct/Nov when I start shopping and there were a few yrs where I got my shopping started and finished mere days before Christmas.

I tried to avoid online shopping this year and went downtown to shop both Black Friday weekend and even last weekend but couldn't find anything that looked like a good enough gift for the folks I was shopping for. Ended up ordering a chunk off eBay, found some other goodies at Ross & Burlington and even found a few odds and ends while grocery shopping over the past few weeks.

Everyone is shopped for. Yay!
Yay!
I usually try to avoid online shopping as well, but this has been a very “Add to Cart” year. I enjoy the act of going to the stores and looking for gifts.
Told myself to avoid Amazon and if I was gonna do some online stuff, shop eBay and help out someone's side hustle LOL
You were born an original, don't die a copy.
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I love to give kids presents, but if I give too many they just start zoning out, unwrapping the next and the next without appreciating them. I started coming up with creative ways to spread it out. One year we played Dungeons and Dragons all day on Christmas. Certain squares on the map were "gift squares" so when they reached that square in the adventure they would get to open a chest or win a reward, and get a real present.

I doubt they even remember the presents, but I know they remember the Christmas where we almost got eaten by dragons and were saved at the last minute by a swarm of magical bees.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I’m an online shopper - Amazon mostly. If I can get a discount and free shipping I’m a happy camper. I shop for 3 people- the kid, my husband and my mom.

I do a gift exchange with a group I’m in. I bought 5 scratch off tickets for my person. We had our gift exchange last night can you believe every ticket won 80, 40, 20, 5 and 2 dollars.
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:41 pm I don't start until after dd's birthday on 11/5.

I shop for the girls, my mom's stocking, Dh's stocking, my niece, my 2 great nephews, and the person whose name I draw. This year, that was my sister in law.
One year we did a Secret Santa type thing for all the adults. It was so much easier.
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:03 pm I’m an online shopper - Amazon mostly. If I can get a discount and free shipping I’m a happy camper. I shop for 3 people- the kid, my husband and my mom.

I do a gift exchange with a group I’m in. I bought 5 scratch off tickets for my person. We had our gift exchange last night can you believe every ticket won 80, 40, 20, 5 and 2 dollars.
That’s cool! One year I did a gift basket that had scratch offs in it for my SILs. Both of them ending up winning big— $100 and $300
I never have such luck with my own scratch offs lol
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:00 pm I love to give kids presents, but if I give too many they just start zoning out, unwrapping the next and the next without appreciating them. I started coming up with creative ways to spread it out. One year we played Dungeons and Dragons all day on Christmas. Certain squares on the map were "gift squares" so when they reached that square in the adventure they would get to open a chest or win a reward, and get a real present.

I doubt they even remember the presents, but I know they remember the Christmas where we almost got eaten by dragons and were saved at the last minute by a swarm of magical bees.
LOVE THAT IDEA! What a fun way to celebrate!
PrincessLaLa
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I usually start early but not super early. Maybe September?
I only buy for my 2 kids and DH. We buy one or two gifts for our two nieces on his side but I usually don't have any part in that. I also shop around for Valentine's gifts and gifts for summertime around Christmas, it can be difficult to find "gifty" things around here if I don't snag them at Christmastime. .
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Im an online shopper. I don’t do Amazon for any gifts. I do have my favorite brands and will look into new ones around the holidays. I look for free shipping if shoprunner is not an option.
I shop for dh and ds, inlaws, nephews a couple of cousins, aunt, and friends. Fir teachers and school staff I do gift cards and on occasion, FEED if it’s a new school staff person.
Locked Previous topicNext topic