Small town sheriff with a gun

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

On November 9th a group of children from a church group were being driven around town in Blackfoot Idaho by their church leader to tape thank you notes to various house doors. They were leaving home made Thank You cards to people that they appreciated.

They had just taped their card onto Lisa Rowland’s door, wife of Sheriff Rowland. As the leader of the group and driver, Chelsea Cox was driving away, the sheriff ran out waving his gun yelling stop.

According to an affidavit filed
. We are just here to drop something off for Lisa,” Chelsea Cox said, referring to the sheriff’s wife, according to the affidavit.

The sheriff yanked Ms. Cox out of the car by her hair, according to the affidavit.

As Ms. Cox explained who she was, Sheriff Rowland held the gun two inches from her forehead. “I will shoot you,” he said, using an expletive, according to the affidavit.

“Get out of here,” he added.
Ms. Cox was terrified because the Sheriff knew her but didn’t seem to recognize her.

When interviewed the Sheriff said.
I’ve had drunk Indians drive down my cul-de-sac. I’ve had drunk Indians come to my door,” he said in an interview with state investigators, according to the affidavit. “We have a lot of reservation people around us that are not good people.”
The sheriff has since been charged with felony aggravated battery and and assault as well as a misdemeanor charge related to exhibition of a deadly weapon. He still has his job.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/27/us/c ... f-gun.html
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

There is so much wrong with the behavior of that sheriff. And he still has his job? That ain't right.
Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Bury him under a F***ing jail cell.
You were born an original, don't die a copy.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Still has his job. SMH
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Idaho seems to have a lot of people like him.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

His excuse for pulling a woman out of her car by the hair and holding a gun to her head was that he thought it was those no good drunken Indians. Years ago I bet this would have been accepted in rural Idaho.

Update: A judge ordered the sheriff to surrender his firearms to state police. The sheriff’s attorney objected calling this move “political”. The judge said he could continue to work while the case is pending but without firearms.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:53 am His excuse for pulling a woman out of her car by the hair and holding a gun to her head was that he thought it was those no good drunken Indians. Years ago I bet this would have been accepted in rural Idaho.

Update: A judge ordered the sheriff to surrender his firearms to state police. The sheriff’s attorney objected calling this move “political”. The judge said he could continue to work while the case is pending but without firearms.
I don't know about rural Idaho but I remember years ago when Jesse Ventura, as Gov of MN at the time, made a comment about how the wacky streets of St. Paul "were all laid out by drunken Irishmen". He caught a lot of flack for that comment and it was just a comment. He wasn't assaulting anyone in the process.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:23 pm
Lemons wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:53 am His excuse for pulling a woman out of her car by the hair and holding a gun to her head was that he thought it was those no good drunken Indians. Years ago I bet this would have been accepted in rural Idaho.

I don't know about rural Idaho but I remember years ago when Jesse Ventura, as Gov of MN at the time, made a comment about how the wacky streets of St. Paul "were all laid out by drunken Irishmen". He caught a lot of flack for that comment and it was just a comment. He wasn't assaulting anyone in the process.
He was governor from 99 to 03. Born in 1951. He's also a kook on the scale of Alex Jones and nd Ted Nugent.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:59 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:23 pm

He was governor from 99 to 03. Born in 1951. He's also a kook on the scale of Alex Jones and nd Ted Nugent.
What does that have to do with my comment?
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Disgusting.
Locked Previous topicNext topic