Texas Gov. Abbott shows completed section of state-made border wall, pledges to protect state's sovereignty

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lindsay wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:43 am Who pays for work visas?

A lot of people looking to secure U.S. work visas like the H-1B wonder who pays the fees: the employer or the prospective employee? Generally speaking, the employer must pay for the attorney fees and government filing fees associated with the H-1B petition and Labor Condition Application.
https://maxlawinc.com › who-pays-t...

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:53 pm That’s for temporary work. And again, they’re costly.
And still you continue to pretend that YOU get no benefit from that illegal immigrant cheap labor.
Are you even aware that illegal immigrants pay taxes and get no benefits from that? They pay billions of dollars in taxes that YOU benefit from, not them. So cheap labor that allows you to pay lower prices for many goods and services AND money in taxes that pay for the benefits you enjoy. Can you imagine what will happen if those suddenly go away? How the American economy will come crashing down?
Carpy wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:25 pm

Thats why we have work visas.
https://maxlawinc.com/work-visas/h1b/

I don't think the jobs you're talking about are the same ones she's talking about. Does one require a bachelor's degree to pick produce, frame houses, install drywall, etc?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:53 pm That’s for temporary work. And again, they’re costly.
And still you continue to pretend that YOU get no benefit from that illegal immigrant cheap labor.
Are you even aware that illegal immigrants pay taxes and get no benefits from that? They pay billions of dollars in taxes that YOU benefit from, not them. So cheap labor that allows you to pay lower prices for many goods and services AND money in taxes that pay for the benefits you enjoy. Can you imagine what will happen if those suddenly go away? How the American economy will come crashing down?
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:32 pm Spare me that nonsense. You’re obviously talking about people that had the means to immigrate or had the benefit of a family liaison. I’m an American citizen, so I know that if I ever choose to live in the US I can bring my family (like Melania did!) and it will be a breeze.
I’m talking about the poor, uneducated, desperate people of these countries who don’t stand a chance to come up with the application fee, let alone have a chance to be accepted.
And again, YOU get plenty of benefits from that cheap labor, even if you don’t want to admit it. Not from those with the means and opportunity to immigrate legally, but from those who can’t. So what will you say if America”s food industry collapses for lack of labor and now you have to ímpetu your produce at increased prices from those same countries you don’t want the labor coming from?
Do you even realize how many industries will collapse without illegal immigrants and the labor force they represent? The American economy would collapse, but hey! At least we got rid of that “pest”, huh?
The FACT is as I’ve said and you’ve ignored: this is NOE a symbiotic relationship. Illegal immigrants aren’t “parasites”, they’re necessary to maintain the economic status quo in the same way your digestive tract needs bacteria to function properly. “Bacteria” may be a scary word, but fact is, some are beneficial and necessary for our bodies to work properly.

Not near as costly as trafficking fees and often an employer covers the costs.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

A lot of people looking to secure U.S. work visas like the H-1B wonder who pays the fees: the employer or the prospective employee? Generally speaking, the employer must pay for the attorney fees and government filing fees associated with the H-1B petition and Labor Condition Application.

Wrong Visa. https://www.farmers.gov/working-with-us ... sa-program
306/232

Deleted User 1949

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:29 am

Oh, ok… so $400 sometimes.

Still seems better than the $10,000 a coyote charges…
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

England is finding out what life is like with Brexit. They wanted to keep foreigners off their little Island and now they don’t have enough care workers or farming help. About 40,000 care workers left their jobs this year and they don’t have any replacements. They have advertised a year Visa to anyone who agrees to work as home care workers or nursing homes. One year and then they want them to leave.
They also still rely on foreign migrant workers.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/202 ... ers-worsen
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:33 pm True. And this is why I say that I wish every illegal immigrant is stopped/deported. Because you never appreciate what you have until you lose it. And some of these people need the backlash to learn the truth.

These immigrant-hating Americans see illegal immigrants as parasites and don’t realize that by now, it’s a symbiotic relationship. It’s like being determined to get rid of every bacterium in your body and not realizing that most of them are helping you out and that you’re benefiting from them. Whether good or bad, that’s the reality now. Get completely rid of these workers and see not only essential businesses suffer from lack of labor and having to shut down (adding to the labor shortage crisis) see unprecedented inflation rates. And maybe when they have to pay 2,3,4 times as much for avocados for their all-American Super Bowl party they’ll realize that. They won’t realize it until it hits them where it hurts the most- their wallets.
Lemons wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:49 pm
hotspice58 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:27 pm And how will a wall keep those Europeans out?
It’s our southern neighbors they hate not Europeans. I’m probably in the minority but I admire the people who crossed the border by foot and made better lives for their families. The ones that take all the shitty jobs and live to see their children have more opportunities.

Drug dealers are in another league. It’s hard to believe the demand for drugs is so huge but apparently it is. The number one drug coming in is methamphetamine. Weird.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lindsay wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:26 pm

That $400 is just one fee. Do you realize with coyotes it's more like 4 to 10 thousand on average and it depends on where the are moved from. That 10 grand includes everything. And I seriously doubt the agricultural workers are paying that much.

This also isn't just a southern border problem. I will never understand why these people are the only target of Americans wrath.

https://qz.com/1632508/this-is-how-much ... gally/amp/
306/232

Deleted User 1949

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:12 am

That $400 is just one fee. Do you realize with coyotes it's more like 4 to 10 thousand on average and it depends on where the are moved from. That 10 grand includes everything. And I seriously doubt the agricultural workers are paying that much.

This also isn't just a southern border problem. I will never understand why these people are the only target of Americans wrath.

Do you know of any people who were brought over by coyotes?
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

So, how would a wall keep put illegal Europeans?!
Lindsay wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:59 am
Thelma Harper wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:46 pm
Lindsay wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:25 pm

She said illegals… not people who have been here for generations.

Turning that comment into something it’s not is more of a scapegoat than a method of truly addressing the issue
Does Northwest Arkansas distinguish between the two?
Why wouldn’t we?

Because your preconceived answer to that question is that we must not because we must all be racists?
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

And let’s be honest. The brown skinned people are seen taking American jobs. Block women are seen as welfare queens taking tax dollars. By Republicans who want to conquer and divide. And some of you drink the kool-ade without knowing the flavor.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lindsay wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:27 am
Thelma Harper wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:12 am

Do you know of any people who were brought over by coyotes?
Do you?
306/232

Locked Previous topicNext topic