If you knew for certain that your child committed a crime would you lie for them?

anon 1

Unread post

I think that Casey Anthony's mom knew that her daughter killed her grandchild and lied for her so she wouldn't go to jail. If your child committed a crime like a murder or rape but the evidence was circumstantial would you lie for your child so they wouldn't get in trouble?
Madmommy1
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

For murder or rape, I would hope not.Anything thing I would probably lie. Just being honest.
AliKat
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

If my kid stole from the grocery store, I’d cover for them.

If my kid killed another human I’d be the one calling the police.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

No.

Crazy to me how such a group of generally morally superior people such as we have in this group would lie in court.
Ilovemydaughter06
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

AliKatCam wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:23 am If my kid stole from the grocery store, I’d cover for them.

Don't you think that starting out small would lead to bigger thi ngs, I mean hey the kid figures, I got away with stealing something like a cansy bar, and I didn't get into trouble, let's see what lese I can get away with and mom won't do anyhting?
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I really can't say. I'd like to think I wouldn't.
BlueberryMuffin
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I think the kid drowned and then the mom helped cover it up because she didn’t want Casey to go to jail.

If my kid committed a crime I could not lie for them. I’d help them as best as I could but I would not lie.
AliKat
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

No. I’ve shoplifted as a teen and didn’t get in trouble. Most of my friends did. Didn’t send us down the path of armed robbery and murder. We’re all adults with jobs now. We even pay for our music.
Ilovemydaughter06 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:48 am Don't you think that starting out small would lead to bigger thi ngs, I mean hey the kid figures, I got away with stealing something like a cansy bar, and I didn't get into trouble, let's see what lese I can get away with and mom won't do anyhting?
AliKatCam wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:23 am If my kid stole from the grocery store, I’d cover for them.

Unread post

I called the police on my son when he broke the law and he has been in jail for the last year. I dont regret my decision but I do miss my son
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No, I’d probably be the one to turn them in.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Locked Previous topicNext topic