Stimulus and unemployment

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Does anyone know when the extra unemployment benefits is supposed to start? I cant find it anywhere.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Bump
Anonymous 2

Unread post

It went into law the extra unemployment on the 27th. You will only get the extra if you got the maximum for your state mine is 400 a week and you will get no more than you made before. So say you made 800 a week before they would add 400 to the original 400 to give you your 800 a week. Not everyone will get the extra 600.
Deleted User 876

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:40 am It went into law the extra unemployment on the 27th. You will only get the extra if you got the maximum for your state mine is 400 a week and you will get no more than you made before. So say you made 800 a week before they would add 400 to the original 400 to give you your 800 a week. Not everyone will get the extra 600.
Well, I'm glad to hear that. They should also have limited it to only those who actually lost their jobs *because* of the Covid scare, and excluded those who were already on it.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Diamepphyre wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:19 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:40 am It went into law the extra unemployment on the 27th. You will only get the extra if you got the maximum for your state mine is 400 a week and you will get no more than you made before. So say you made 800 a week before they would add 400 to the original 400 to give you your 800 a week. Not everyone will get the extra 600.
Well, I'm glad to hear that. They should also have limited it to only those who actually lost their jobs *because* of the Covid scare, and excluded those who were already on it.
In my area a lot of construction workers get laid off for the winter. They collect unemployment. 3 of my husbands friends work for different construction companies. They arent getting called back because the companies wont open during this time. So while they were already on it, they arent getting back go work because of the virus. I'm sure it's the same for a lot of people so I'm glad they will get that extra money.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:05 am Does anyone know when the extra unemployment benefits is supposed to start? I cant find it anywhere.
They will send them out the stimulus checks when all the logistics have been work out. They have to go through millions upon millions of 2018 tax returns then to see who's eligble. They have to check and double check the numbers and then and only then will the checks or direct deposits be issued. I read it would 3 to 4 weeks but realistically it could be longer
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:48 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:05 am Does anyone know when the extra unemployment benefits is supposed to start? I cant find it anywhere.
They will send them out the stimulus checks when all the logistics have been work out. They have to go through millions upon millions of 2018 tax returns then to see who's eligble. They have to check and double check the numbers and then and only then will the checks or direct deposits be issued. I read it would 3 to 4 weeks but realistically it could be longer
Did you even read what she asked? That has nothing to do with her question at all. Shes asking about extra unemployment benefits that were part of the stimulus bill. It was two sentences was that really to taxing to read?
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:48 pm
Did you even read what she asked? That has nothing to do with her question at all. Shes asking about extra unemployment benefits that were part of the stimulus bill. It was two sentences was that really to taxing to read?
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:32 pm
Diamepphyre wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:19 pm
In my area a lot of construction workers get laid off for the winter. They collect unemployment. 3 of my husbands friends work for different construction companies. They arent getting called back because the companies wont open during this time. So while they were already on it, they arent getting back go work because of the virus. I'm sure it's the same for a lot of people so I'm glad they will get that extra money.
Some can't see past their eyelids.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

That’s not true. Everyone that qualifies for an unemployment check from the state gets the $600 week, even if their income was previously less than $600 per week.
Locked Previous topicNext topic