DH doesn't get that OUR kids had a harder time!

a.gray
Peon

Guest wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:52 pm
    MrsDavidB wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:50 pm Why are your kids suffering? Get real. A situation happened, and now it's over. Move on.
    My kids were more deeply influenced by my absence than anyone else.
    You're giving yourself too much credit. Your kids are fine. Stop favoring them.
    RedBottoms

I don't get what the issue is? Is he mad you are not going to like cook for his kids or drive them around a ton or something? I mean obviously you should be taking it easy regardless since you were sick.
    mcginnisc
    Princess Royal
    Princess Royal

Eh..I had a stroke almost 2 years ago exactly( next week). My girls were with me when it happened as their dad had flown out for a business trip a few hours before it happened. ( He was gone a whopping 12 hours as he got a flight back home a few hours later) My almost 13 year old recognized that something was really wrong and got me help within minutes of it starting. She saved my life. I spent 4 days in ICU and the girls could not see me. They bounced back rather quickly...the youngest faster than the oldest though. She did not tell us how much it affected her until months later. She bounced back well after a few months. Your babies will be fine. I promise. They are young and they did see you a few times to ease their minds.
    Claire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
    Valentina327
    Princess
    Princess

The drama on here today. It was a week, not a month. They're not permanently scarred. They don't even have a real concept of time yet. Get over yourself. There's no reason to segregate your children from his. He's right to raise an objection.
    Let's Go Brandon!
    #FJB

https://openvaers.com/
    madfoodie
    Sparkles the Elf
    Regent
    Regent

Spend some time with your kids but also spend time with his. Also, set up a date night with your dh.
    i want candy!

carterscutie85 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:15 am I understand. As a kid I would have missed my Mom way more than my stepdad if she had been hospitalized.
    I thought she ran off and left?
    carterscutie85
    Princess
    Princess

guest wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:06 am
    carterscutie85 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:15 am I understand. As a kid I would have missed my Mom way more than my stepdad if she had been hospitalized.
    I thought she ran off and left?
    She did for 2 years. After that she got married and got custody back of us.
    famousglm714
    Regent
    Regent

It was a week. In the grand scheme of things that's not a huge deal. Time to move on. I'm almost certain the 15 and 16 year old will not give a shit if they get to spend time with their SM or any parent really, lol. At that age their lives center around friends.
    Danesmommy1
    Duchess
    Duchess

MrsDavidB wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:50 pm Why are your kids suffering? Get real. A situation happened, and now it's over. Move on.
    This. Suffering isn't a contest anyway.
    She is too fond of books and it has turned her brain.
    hotspice58
    Regent
    Regent

This. Spend one-on-one time with each kid and stepkid. Talk to them and find out how they felt. Some kids bounce back quickly; for others it takes time.
    madfoodie wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:01 am Spend some time with your kids but also spend time with his. Also, set up a date night with your dh.
    Locked Previous topicNext topic