Marco Rubio: GOP Future a ‘Working Class Coalition’ Skeptical of Free Trade, Big Business, Elites

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1616

Unread post

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) says the Republican Party’s future is “based on a multiethnic, multiracial working class coalition” that is skeptical about free trade, big business, and elites throughout the nation’s institutions — the base that President Trump coalesced for his 2016 and 2020 economic nationalist campaigns.

Rubio said Republicans have long believed in and supported the free market, "but the free market exists to serve our people. Our people don't exist to serve the free market."

He added that working class Americans are now largely against big businesses “that only care about how their shares are performing, even if it's based on moving production overseas for cheaper labor."
"They're very suspicious, quite frankly, dismissive of elites at every level. And obviously that's a powerful sentiment."

https://www.axios.com/rubio-gop-reset-t ... 0ee14.html
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

He's not wrong. I don't like when companies go overseas. They should look at things beyond their profit margin. And I personally think any business ignores their employees at their peril. Treat your people right and in return you'll have loyal people that will work hard for you. If they don't someone else will. I have no problem with free and global trade. But i work for a small business, someone who's probably struggling to afford my health insurance and turn a profit. I don't own the business so i shouldn't care right? But i do because the owner tries to do right by me. So his struggles bother me. And that’s how any business should be... employees and CEO trying to meet a common goal of putting out a damn good product or service. Employees work hard they should get rewarded and the CEO gets their expertise. But these days a lot of people feel it's just a job and no one cares.
I'm of the opinion small businesses really are our backbone. So I agree with Rubio's statements. Where he thinks his party will go I can't say.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That should be the future of the GOP if they want a future. The party that embraces moderation first will be the next strong one. They have these 4 years to work towards that, so they should lick their wounds, learn from this monumental screw up, put it completely behind them and come back with a moderate attitude. They need a time out to regroup and evaluate their position. This is actually why they lost this election, Biden was seen as the more moderate option. So more sople could get on board with that.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The little boy is just now figuring that out?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Locked Previous topicNext topic