Stacey Abrams says: 'Identity politics is exactly who we are and exactly how we won'

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1616

Unread post

Former Georgia gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams on Wednesday urged Democrats to embrace identity politics, at a time when the issue has become a source of debate within the party.

“The notion of identity politics has been peddled for the past 10 years and it’s been used as a dog whistle to say we shouldn’t pay too much attention to the voices coming into progress,” Abrams said. “I would argue that identity politics is exactly who we are and exactly how we won.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... who-we-are
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

So it’s only OK when you Trumpers do it?
I mean, weren’t you the one who criticized me for supporting Biden while being a Jew? You called me a “traitor”. Here, I quote:

“I can't wait until millennials/zoomers vote in AOC as president and Omar as vice president in the near future and ISRAEL IS F***ing SCREWED. YOU SUPPORT IT by empowering the left. I can't wait to see the faces of traitors crying when that happens”

https://www.momconfessions.net/viewtop ... el#p802244

You actually wished that something bad happens to show “traitors” a lesson.

Seriously, all the crap you have posted today, one hypocritical rant after another. And then you whine when people point it out to you.
Grow up.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 1616

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:51 pm So it’s only OK when you Trumpers do it?
I mean, weren’t you the one who criticized me for supporting Biden while being a Jew? You called me a “traitor”. Here, I quote:

“I can't wait until millennials/zoomers vote in AOC as president and Omar as vice president in the near future and ISRAEL IS F***ing SCREWED. YOU SUPPORT IT by empowering the left. I can't wait to see the faces of traitors crying when that happens”

Seriously, all the crap you have posted today, one hypocritical rant after another. And then you whine when people point it out to you.
Grow up.
is Israel an Identity in America now? lol.

no, that's called foreign policy honey.

no, I didn't "wish" anything. I acknowledged cause and effect. no hypocrisy in a strawman argument.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Oh, don’t play dumb. You called me a traitor because I’m Jewish and as such (according to YOUR identity politics) I should a) support Israel and b) never support democrats.
So nice try, but you’re a hypocrite since you used your “identity politics” to throw a rant at me just a couple of days ago.
Why else would you use the word “traitor” by “supporting the left” of it’s not referring to Jews? Who else can “betray” Israel? Come on, I can’t wait to see how you twist this one out.
Mr.Smile wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:55 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:51 pm So it’s only OK when you Trumpers do it?

Grow up.

no, I didn't "wish" anything. I acknowledged cause and effect. no hypocrisy in a strawman argument.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This article is from a year ago. Given her work in flipping Georgia, it sounds like she was onto something.

Republicans have focused on tying together religious and political identity with the “conservative Christian” branding for 40 years. Identity politics are nothing new.
Deleted User 1616

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:03 pm Oh, don’t play dumb. You called me a traitor because I’m Jewish and as such (according to YOUR identity politics) I should a) support Israel and b) never support democrats.
So nice try, but you’re a hypocrite since you used your “identity politics” to throw a rant at me just a couple of days ago.
Why else would you use the word “traitor” by “supporting the left” of it’s not referring to Jews? Who else can “betray” Israel? Come on, I can’t wait to see how you twist this one out.

Grow up.

nope, plenty of Jews are not Zionists and plenty of non Jews are. Zionist does not equal Jew and alliances with Israel does not equal Jew.

you are a Zionist, not me and you will be assisting the new generation of democrats who will abandon Israel which they will. blame identity politics for that too! lol.

Israel = colonizer/oppressor on the identify politics scale
Deleted User 1616

Unread post

since the democrats are admitting this is the path they are taking. Biden will not be uniting anyone. balkanization incoming.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Nice try. You again are bitching about a democrat doing something you do. You assumed how I should vote because of my religion, because ultimately that’s the reason behind my support for Israel.
And actually it is because I care for Israel that I support Biden. As I said, Israel will survive 4 years of Biden. But America won’t survive 4 more years of Trump. If the GOP can acknowledge the monumental screwup that Trump was and works to have a more moderate candidate in 2024, then it’ll all work out. But 4 more years- especially if he steals the presidency as he’s trying to do- of Trump will only push America into the other extreme.
And there’s also the fact that Trump will destroy America if he manages to lie and bully his way back into the WH. If that happens, Israel is doomed.
Mr.Smile wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:15 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:03 pm Oh, don’t play dumb. You called me a traitor because I’m Jewish and as such (according to YOUR identity politics) I should a) support Israel and b) never support democrats.

nope, plenty of Jews are not Zionists and plenty of non Jews are. Zionist does not equal Jew and alliances with Israel does not equal Jew.

you are a Zionist, not me and you will be assisting the new generation of democrats who will abandon Israel which they will. blame identity politics for that too! lol.

Israel = colonizer/oppressor on the identify politics scale
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Black people, who in the past, were victims of voter oppression did not let that stop them. Must be nice to have your privilege.
Mr.Smile wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:34 pm Former Georgia gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams on Wednesday urged Democrats to embrace identity politics, at a time when the issue has become a source of debate within the party.

“The notion of identity politics has been peddled for the past 10 years and it’s been used as a dog whistle to say we shouldn’t pay too much attention to the voices coming into progress,” Abrams said. “I would argue that identity politics is exactly who we are and exactly how we won.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... who-we-are
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LMAO! Seriously? One former gubernatorial candidate means “all democrats”? 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
Mr.Smile wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:21 pm since the democrats are admitting this is the path they are taking. Biden will not be uniting anyone. balkanization incoming.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic