COVID relief grants available for Oregon S*x workers

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1616

Unread post

the Portland chapter of the Haymarket Pole Collective, was recently awarded nearly $600,000 in a COVID-relief grant from the Oregon Health Authority. The organization is now seeking applications from S*x workers who are Black and/or Indigenous, are transgender, live with a minor dependent at their home or are experiencing homelessness.

“[S*x workers] are suffering right now, and they don’t have anywhere to turn,” PDX Stripper Strike Founder Cat Hollis said. “We’re providing educational grants, professional development grants, and direct aid—rent support, food, and hygiene supplies—to S*x workers most impacted by prejudice and COVID. Organizations like ours are the only things keeping S*x workers from falling through the cracks.”

Applications will remain open until November 15 or until funding is depleted. Applications can be found online in English and in Spanish. For more information, visit the Haymarket Pole Collective website.

https://www.koin.com/news/health/corona ... ource=t.co
Deleted User 1616

Unread post

Is S*x work legal in Oregon??

Under Oregon's laws, it is a crime to buy or sell S*x, make money from or facilitate prostitution, or force another person to engage in prostitution.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Mr.Smile wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:23 pm Is S*x work legal in Oregon??

Under Oregon's laws, it is a crime to buy or sell S*x, make money from or facilitate prostitution, or force another person to engage in prostitution.
There are other definitions of "S*x worker" than prostitution.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Priorities 🤷🏼‍♀️
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

"Most strip club dancers are contractors, not employees, and aren’t eligible for traditional unemployment benefits. Clubs have taken a hit during the pandemic, and Hollis said there’s more competition for digital S*x work as people who hadn’t previously worked in adult entertainment tried their luck online."
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Please get a hobby. Or go back to the country of your ancestors. Since you want everyone to be the same.

Deleted User 1616

Unread post

hotspice58 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:28 pm Please get a hobby. Or go back to the country of your ancestors. Since you want everyone to be the same.

"get a hobby" is your every reply when you're sitting on your ass on this site and rarely if ever posting yourself. never actually contributing to the topic. how about you get a hobby? put down the chips and soda, maybe get a job too. put me on foe if you dont like it because youre not my boss.

my ancestors are all shades of European and some native American. I will make you a deal, you get me citizenship and pay for my plane ticket and I will gladly go live by the French Riveria so long as all foreign invaders leave MY 3/4 NATIVE LANDS OF EUROPE. you better arrange that too or STFU.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:53 pm

There are other definitions of "S*x worker" than prostitution.
Yup, between the organization’s name and info/photos on the website they seem stripper-focused while being inclusive of other S*x workers.
Locked Previous topicNext topic