Trump plans to revive campaign-style rallies as he pursues legal challenges to election results

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LizardAnnie wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:03 pm
Thelma Harper wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:42 pm
LizardAnnie wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:16 pm He's going to rally his base and try to keep the momentum going for THEM continuing to support the GOP, particularly those who align with his beliefs. *shrug

There's nothing to say he wouldn't continue doing something similar after January 20th (rallying for the GOP). He did not want to lose. He wanted these next 4 year's so badly that he could taste it.

If his base wishes to go to any rally he'll hold in the next few months, who cares?

It is time to begin the process of moving on from the past tumultuous 4 years and if he and his base won't, we surely can. He isn't going away, even after January 20th. Our focus shouldn't be on him but the next 4 year's.
Trump doesn't give two cents about the GOP.

Yeah, it's time for him to concede and move on. Time to make TrumpTV happen so he can keep stirring his grievances and plot his revenge, lol.
What do you suppose his "revenge" would be?

And none of us have to watch any "Trump TV" should it go in that direction.
This man has an ego the size of Texas, he's petty and vengeful. Have you not seen these things?

None do, that is true. But his diehards will and he'll continue to rile them up. Stand back and stand by.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Deleted User 1760

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:13 pm
LizardAnnie wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:00 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:53 pm

"Moving on" normally requires a smooth transition between administrations as well as competent running of the country the 70+ days between election and inauguration. Giving our current president a "pass" to do what he wants is frightening to me. The idea that we would give our current president millions in tax payer monies in order to stoke his ego before his departure is absurd. If the Donald wants a tv show/station after he departs the White House, go for it but he can F***ing pay for it.
I understand but how do we stop him then?

In my continued belief, he will be gone from his role as POTUS in just a little over two months. He and these past four years will not be forgotten. But his era as an American politician (for better or worse..and this could go for a lot of our U.S. politicians) will have lasting effects.

So do we as a country continue to be angry at him and his crazy administration and if so, for how long?

Or do we start to move on as I've suggested? Myself, I'll be doing the latter.
Maybe stop trying to excuse and normalize his behavior?
Not what I am doing at all. But you are free to read into what I write whatever you choose to.

It's been a bad 4 years and especially this one. I am choosing optimism and peace for myself whenever and however I can find it.
Deleted User 1760

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:29 pm Hard to be optimistic when he’s trying to create chaos.
If he were to concede, I’d be very optimistic.
LizardAnnie wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:27 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:10 pm He’s already disrupting the transition of power.
Firing Esper was a vindictive, destabilizing move.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story ... inal-weeks

It’s like he’s thinking “if I’m going down, I’m taking America down with me”. Abd the world wit it, for that matter.

From my understanding, Esper was planning to resign for a while. The two of them..Trump and Esper had a tense relationship (as have many others with Trump)...and while Trump is still POTUS, he can do this.

With Trump leaving in a few months, he's only making himself look worse yet again, it will be over soon.

Best to stay optimistic, hopeful for our future as a country, and find some peace in the knowledge that this will all soon be over.
I get it. I sincerely do.
Deleted User 1760

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:34 pm
LizardAnnie wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:03 pm
Thelma Harper wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:42 pm

Trump doesn't give two cents about the GOP.

Yeah, it's time for him to concede and move on. Time to make TrumpTV happen so he can keep stirring his grievances and plot his revenge, lol.
What do you suppose his "revenge" would be?

And none of us have to watch any "Trump TV" should it go in that direction.
This man has an ego the size of Texas, he's petty and vengeful. Have you not seen these things?

None do, that is true. But his diehards will and he'll continue to rile them up. Stand back and stand by.
I understand how you feel.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:53 pm

"Moving on" normally requires a smooth transition between administrations as well as competent running of the country the 70+ days between election and inauguration. Giving our current president a "pass" to do what he wants is frightening to me. The idea that we would give our current president millions in tax payer monies in order to stoke his ego before his departure is absurd. If the Donald wants a tv show/station after he departs the White House, go for it but he can F***ing pay for it.

In my continued belief, he will be gone from his role as POTUS in just a little over two months. He and these past four years will not be forgotten. But his era as an American politician (for better or worse..and this could go for a lot of our U.S. politicians) will have lasting effects.

So do we as a country continue to be angry at him and his crazy administration and if so, for how long?

You see it too?
306/232

WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:51 pm

You see it too?
Absolutely. Frankly, I am very afraid of what the next 70 days are going to look like. I was talking to a friend today who feels as if Biden and Democrats should negotiate with Trump - avoid federal prosecution and relieve campaign debt to ensure a smooth transition. That's where we are. I'm afraid that we are looking at scorched earth. Esper is reportedly worried about Wray and Haspel being next on the chopping block. The fact that some people don't see this as fucked up is mind boggling to me.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:59 pm

You see it too?
Absolutely. Frankly, I am very afraid of what the next 70 days are going to look like. I was talking to a friend today who feels as if Biden and Democrats should negotiate with Trump - avoid federal prosecution and relieve campaign debt to ensure a smooth transition. That's where we are. I'm afraid that we are looking at scorched earth. Esper is reportedly worried about Wray and Haspel being next on the chopping block. The fact that some people don't see this as fucked up is mind boggling to me.
I'm a what if thinker and all kinds of scenarios are running through my mind. I just hope the people behind the scenes can prevent him from doing anything stupid.
306/232

Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:23 pm
Pjmm wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:22 pm
Thelma Harper wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:56 pm Im telling y'all, he's not going away. He's going to keep his base stirred long after the inauguration.
He won't. And I don't get it. He's not charismatic. In fact it looks like a guinea pig died on his head and his voice is jarring.
The Christians shouldn't follow him he's against most of what Jesus preached other than being pro life- maybe. But yet the Republicans are still around him. It's like Plankton in the Spongebob movie when he had the mind control device on everyone. Like what's wrong with you people? He's at best a very flawed human being. What's with the adoration?
What do you mean by he's not charismatic? The man could be Steve Martin in the movie Leap of Faith, lol. A lot of Republicans are evangelicals and fundamentalists, basically CHinos (Christian in name only) if you will.
I don’t see him as charismatic. JFK was. Obama and even Reagan could give some good stirring speeches. Trump just sounds like a petulant toddler. I just don't get the attraction I guess.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

There are rumors that both Jared Kushner and Melania have tried to convince him to concede. I don’t know if it’s true or not, but I doubt he’ll listen to that advice anyway.
Thelma Harper wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:07 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:59 pm

You see it too?
I'm a what if thinker and all kinds of scenarios are running through my mind. I just hope the people behind the scenes can prevent him from doing anything stupid.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:11 pm
Thelma Harper wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:23 pm
Pjmm wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:22 pm

He won't. And I don't get it. He's not charismatic. In fact it looks like a guinea pig died on his head and his voice is jarring.
The Christians shouldn't follow him he's against most of what Jesus preached other than being pro life- maybe. But yet the Republicans are still around him. It's like Plankton in the Spongebob movie when he had the mind control device on everyone. Like what's wrong with you people? He's at best a very flawed human being. What's with the adoration?
What do you mean by he's not charismatic? The man could be Steve Martin in the movie Leap of Faith, lol. A lot of Republicans are evangelicals and fundamentalists, basically CHinos (Christian in name only) if you will.
I don’t see him as charismatic. JFK was. Obama and even Reagan could give some good stirring speeches. Trump just sounds like a petulant toddler. I just don't get the attraction I guess.
I think his is more so nefarious charisma, kind of lik Bundy and his ilk.

"the cult's charismatic leader had managed to persuade seemingly rational people to obey him blindly."

https://www.merriam-webster.com/diction ... c#synonyms
306/232

Locked Previous topicNext topic