Biden's first move as president-elect? Mask mandate for all. Here's how he plans on doing it.

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

One of Joe Biden's first priorities as president-elect will be implementing mask mandates nationwide by working with governors. The future 46th president, however, says if they refuse than he will go to mayors and county executives and get local masking requirements in place.

Fox News medical contributor Dr. Marc Siegel believes that while masks are "the icing on the physical distancing cake" and should be worn properly both indoors and outdoors, especially when people are too close together, a more punitive approach to mask wearing may have the opposite impact of what the administration intends.

"I think masks are quite useful, but they have a place and they're not the be all and end all," Siegel said. "I'm worried that mandating this with fines and such may actually lead to more of a rebellion against it."

He noted that the use of masks should be determined based on how much of the risk of exposure to the coronavirus is in a specific area rather than mandating it everywhere.

As for social distancing, Biden's plan says it will be used as more of a "dial" approach that will determine the risk of spread using evidence-based guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, a move Siegel says is a mistake.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bidens ... n-doing-it
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Good.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Good. Finally someone with common sense!!!
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:38 pmGood.
Like hell it is.

lAny way, he's not legally the president elect yet.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Damn! Maybe I will buy some holiday print ones after all. I was hoping we’d be done with masks by then, if not sooner. Although mine only gets used to go from restaurant door to table and table to door.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:58 am Damn! Maybe I will buy some holiday print ones after all. I was hoping we’d be done with masks by then, if not sooner. Although mine only gets used to go from restaurant door to table and table to door.
What, or who, made you think masks would be done by then?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Mommabearof2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

With all the victory parties and protest/riots still happening, we are bound to have another huge wave hit in the next couple of weeks. I think I'm just going to stay home as much as possible for the rest of this year.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

People In this town have basically been done with it for a while. No one really wears masks anymore, we’re back to having parties and funerals and birthdays and such. I finally got to meet my Granddaughter for the first time.

Enough with it all.

I’d rather die than lose time like that again.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
SummerDream
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Good luck with this. Many here have stopped wearing the masks.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This would not even be talking point if everyone just did it from the get go when it was determined that it mitigated contagion.

As flu season starts up, mask wearing will minimize that spread as well. It will help alleviate hospitals to help those that need medical care. We know mask wearing and social distancing helps. Look at New Zealand and Australia.

And since the holidays are upon us, mask wearing helps when you're out and about. I'd rather wear a mask this whole season so I can actually shop and be out, instead of being in lockdown - AGAIN.

Wearing a mask does not equal lockdowns, FFS. It's simple science. When you sneeze or cough, you cover your face. Why? Well, because it's disgusting to spread your spit all over others AND because it minimizes contagion of others should you have a virus that spreads this way. So .... covid spreads via even finer molecules like when you speak. Unless yo plan on keeping your mouth glued shut around others, wear mask.
Locked Previous topicNext topic