Biden's first move as president-elect? Mask mandate for all. Here's how he plans on doing it.

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Wearing a mask isn’t a huge deal for this house. I do not understand the stand that some takes against it. You don’t smoke in public buildings, wear clothes in them, etc. a mask is not a big deal
Emmasmom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Everywhere in Ohio there is a mask mandate. Businesses require it and there are signs everywhere. Ohio is drowning in cases. At this point. I dont know what Biden can do to make things different.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Emmasmom wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:52 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:41 am
Mommamia wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:37 am

Like hell it is.

lAny way, he's not legally the president elect yet.
The states that have lower covid numbers have a higher rate of mask compliance. Just wear your goddamn F***ing mask already! We've been wearing them since May. It's not a big F***ing deal.
Not every state. Ohio has a mask mandate and mask compliance and we are still a mess. Over 5000 cases every day. Every day we are breaking records for cases. Ohio is dying.
There is a difference between mask mandate and mask compliance. Ohio cases are surging, particularly in conservative rural counties. Is that because masks don't work or is it because residents aren't following the mask mandate?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Then I doubt there’s actually much compliance going on. And as we’ve seen in this thread, there’s really no such thing as a mask “mandate”. As long as those not abiding by it have no consequences is really more of a suggestion and people treat it as such.
Mommamia wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:37 am

Like hell it is.

lAny way, he's not legally the president elect yet.
The states that have lower covid numbers have a higher rate of mask compliance. Just wear your goddamn F***ing mask already! We've been wearing them since May. It's not a big F***ing deal.
Not every state. Ohio has a mask mandate and mask compliance and we are still a mess. Over 5000 cases every day. Every day we are breaking records for cases. Ohio is dying.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:12 am Texas is already under a mask mandate.
Do you find most people comply?

I was in Boston this past weekend and I did not see one person not wearing a mask. In NYC it seems about 95% of people wear the masks. Finally the police were forced to wear masks because they were ignoring the mandate over the summer.
Emmasmom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:08 pm Then I doubt there’s actually much compliance going on. And as we’ve seen in this thread, there’s really no such thing as a mask “mandate”. As long as those not abiding by it have no consequences is really more of a suggestion and people treat it as such.

Everyone i know is following the guidelines. Every single business is, in my area. You will not be allowed in businesses without a mask on. Im not saying mask aren't working. What I'm saying is I just don't think there is anything Biden can do that will help this. We have the mask mandate, we have the social distance mandate. We are still drowning. Its very scary and disheartening.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Emmasmom wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:49 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:08 pm Then I doubt there’s actually much compliance going on. And as we’ve seen in this thread, there’s really no such thing as a mask “mandate”. As long as those not abiding by it have no consequences is really more of a suggestion and people treat it as such.

Everyone i know is following the guidelines. Every single business is, in my area. You will not be allowed in businesses without a mask on. Im not saying mask aren't working. What I'm saying is I just don't think there is anything Biden can do that will help this. We have the mask mandate, we have the social distance mandate. We are still drowning. Its very scary and disheartening.
And yet there was another poster who lives in Ohio and has said no one she knows wears a mask and only one business in her community requires them and she won't shop there. This is the problem with mask mandates, IMO, you can't get compliance. So think about the one who doesn't but then travels out of her community to visit/shop/etc. Masks protect others but minimal protection for you so if she in fact contracts Covid, she is likely to spread to others, even those wearing masks.

Mask mandates alone will not do much to stop the spread. IMO, many people will dig heels in and not comply. But masks as one component of a thought out plan can help and goodness knows we need a plan if not how to stop the spread, with how to deal with the now millions of people who have been infected, the hundreds of thousands of households who have lost a loved one, the hundreds of thousands who will require hospitalization and continued treatment. And just as importantly, as I posted before, a plan with how to deal with the next pandemic because we sure did f**k up this one.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:20 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:12 am Texas is already under a mask mandate.
Do you find most people comply?

I was in Boston this past weekend and I did not see one person not wearing a mask. In NYC it seems about 95% of people wear the masks. Finally the police were forced to wear masks because they were ignoring the mandate over the summer.
I don’t go out unless I absolutely have too but most I see are wearing masks. It’s been awhile since I’ve seen anyone without, so that’s a good thing.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:58 am People In this town have basically been done with it for a while. No one really wears masks anymore, we’re back to having parties and funerals and birthdays and such. I finally got to meet my Granddaughter for the first time.

Enough with it all.

I’d rather die than lose time like that again.
How wonderful that you finally met your new granddaughter. That must have been excrutiating for you to not get to see her right away.

I feel the same way in that I've lost enough time with my grandchildren in the past 9 months. We were locked down for about 3 months. I've seen them some since then, but not nearly enough. So, I'm hosting Thanksgiving at my house, and screw covid.

Most everyone still wears masks here. We're holding our breath that our dictator gov doesn't try to close down the state again. He's already re-instituted some restrictions in some areas. Unfortunately, cases are rising rapidly. But then, again, hospitalizations and deaths are less than 1/2 of what they were at the peak of the pandemic, and that's the data that really matters.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:18 am
Frau Holle wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:58 am People In this town have basically been done with it for a while. No one really wears masks anymore, we’re back to having parties and funerals and birthdays and such. I finally got to meet my Granddaughter for the first time.

Enough with it all.

I’d rather die than lose time like that again.
If everyone had worn masks from the beginning you wouldn’t have had to wait to meet your granddaughter. Why did you wait anyway?

They did a recent study that showed the biggest hot spots are in counties with majority people who voted for Trump. Wear a F***ing mask around people, what’s so hard?
Spreading bullshit again. This state is as blue as blue can be, and practically the entire state is a hot spot right now. So by your ignorant assumption, everyone here must be wearing a mask because it's a blue state. So, how come we're a hot spot?

How ignorant can you be? No grandmother is going to take even a remote chance of infecting their brand new grandchild. Probably her state had months long lock down.
Locked Previous topicNext topic