Dd attempted suicide...and im indifferent(long read)

Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

You sound like a horrible person.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:20 am
agander2017 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:40 am Sounds like you're in denial about who she is, or wants to be. You've clearly given up, which you did say. She's not stupid. She picks up on that kind of thing. I think it would be better for both of you if she was somewhere that she was happy. It's sad that she is happier at the hospital than with her family though.
People like you are the reason she's not getting better all of this coddling is ridiculous even my son said this is all nonsense he's starting to hate her .Im not doing anything wrong as a parent.I have a manipulative attention seeking daughter who likes the hospital.Ive been thru this so many times at this point that yes I've given up...She's making my life hell .How would you feel if youre home in your underwear and police and ambulances come knocking at your door startling you while ur daughter is in her room bags packed because she knew they were coming but didn't utter a word?

Did you forget that earlier that morning i asked her repeatedly if anything was wrong? Did you forget that she hasnt said ONE time that me.calling her by her birth name bothered her?

Her whole life isnt being gay!Youre gay SO WHAT! Thats not your whole identity! Why is being gay the end all to be all? My uncle was gay the whole family knew it we didnt care....were not homophobic!His bf was over ALL the time...I follow lesbian couples on youtube and dd knows that because we watch the vlogs together...so what part of me isn't accepting ?

Dd is a mental case and perhaps i dont have the tools to help her...i hope the hospital keeps her in there or better yet some lgbtq shelter takes her in and those kids whose parents kicked them out can beat her ass for being an attention seeking drama queen...maybe than she will wisen the f**k up.
In the last 3 years have you attended any classes on how to parent a child with mental health issues? Or attended therapy for yourself. I don't know what your daughter's diagnosis is but it sounds like you're having a hard time understanding it and dealing with it. Kids with borderline personality disorder are known for acting the way your describing.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yes, she clearly is planning for and manipulating others and complaining. But that is not to say she doesn't have a serious problem or that you might try harder to work with her. People who are depressed can do some outrageous things that will make those around them angry. But you still need to help her learn to cope.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:48 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:26 am This will be her LAST hospital stay at this cozy little hospital.The next time this occurs and they ask me what hospital to bring her to Im going to choose the shittiest hospital in the city thats also the closest to me and that's Brookdale .That hospital has none of the amenities the current one she is in has.The last time she was sent there another girl beat her up and she had no suicidal episodes for 2 years because she didnt want to go back.

When the ambulance picked her up they asked me if they could bring her to Brookdale and I said no but now looking back I should've said yes! Next time i visit or speak to her im letting her know thats her last time where's she is at any future episodes she's going to Brookdale.

This hospital is like a good time summer camp....She needs a jail setting hospital with shitty food .
Your timeline is a little weird and it would be helpful if you clarified. She was first hospitalized when she was 7th grade (13?)? She then went two years without episode? She's now 15?
Yes...two whole years no episode until recently.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I finally called dd yesterday at the hospital.I told her I read everything in her laptop and what she wrote about me and her swallowing the pills etc.and she said i invaded her privacy and i said when you have police randomly showing up on my doorstep you dont have any more privacy and she said you invaded my privacy and hung up on me

So......that went well ....NOT....

How will she react when i tell her that she no longer has a cellphone or laptop and her internet access days are over....

In fact I gave her iphone to her brother and wiped all her stuff off of it.She does not need unmonitored access to the internet any more...when i tried to install a parental app on her phone she freaked out removed it and changed her password.
Blue_Prelude
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Anonymous 12 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:47 pm
Blue_Prelude wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:01 pm You are indifferent to your child attempting suicide. Yes, you are definitely wrong.

You keep saying that your child is “finding things to be unhappy about,” and is “trying to break” you. Your lack of even a basic understanding of depression tells me you need to find a different therapist to help you navigate this.
You are the one with the lack of understanding in this post. When I was a teenager I would actively look for things to make me unhappy and breaking my parents was exactly my goal.
Depression isn’t someone just trying to be unhappy. Depression has a root cause, possibly trauma, possibly a chemical imbalance. Sometimes people with depression look for things to explain why they are unhappy to justify that they have a “reason” to be depressed because they don’t understand that depression doesn’t need a reason. It can manifest in different ways, and it looks as though for you it was you trying to aim your confusion and anger over this disease at your parents.

To say that her child is just looking for things to be unhappy about belittles the experience her child is going through, and it is rather an offense (and completely ridiculous depiction) to anyone who experiences or works with individuals who suffer from mental illness.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Rosehawk wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:55 pm Yes, you're wrong. Your mouth may say you're supportive, but the rest of you screams denial and judgement.
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Regardless of how exhausting it may be to care for someone who suffers from mental health issues, you need to be there for her. This is your child! Her mother is the only one she can count on to be there for her. She needs you to be able to get through this. Therapy may help you both. Try to have compassion for what she is going through. I get that you are frustrated, but you can't just give up on your own kid. More than ever, it is important that she knows you care and will help her come out the other side.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Are you also the Vegas poster?
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:48 pm Are you also the Vegas poster?
Yes
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Locked Previous topicNext topic