My sister's wedding

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I wouldn’t want that in my wedding pictures either. I’m with her on this one. Too bad you’ll miss being part of your sister’s wedding over it. I wouldn’t let something like hair color, which can be changed at any time come between me abd si king and her survival day. But it’s your hair and your choice, it’s her wedding and her choice.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Too Old For This %^&
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

OK, Karen
Anonymous 7

Unread post

You and your family have the right to have assorted hair colors. And she has the right to choose who she has in her bridal party. Since you've told her that you and your family won't be part of the bridal party, it appears the problem is solved. Were you looking for other advice with this post?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:37 am my sister's wedding isnin a few months. She texted me yesterday about getting our hair back to natural colors.

I am the maid of honor and right now I have blue hair with pink highlights

My dd who is the flower girl has purple hair

My son who will be handing out bubbles has red hair.

We are who we are. We don't want to go back to our natural colors. My sister says it wouldn't look right in pics.

I don't really care about her pics

I texted her today and told her we are out of the wedding.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

I think all too often, brides concentrate on how to make a wedding picture perfect rather on the fact that it is a celebration of friends and family. At the end of the day, she'll have her lovely pictures but not the presence of some of her family members. IMO, not even a close trade-off.

I do think you are wrong to not even attend the wedding. Go and celebrate and let your SIL have her "kodak moment", regardless of how petty you (and I) may think it is.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'd just let all the colors fade out in time for her wedding but whatever.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Wait! Did OP opt to not even go to the wedding?
Anonymous 8 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:21 pm I think all too often, brides concentrate on how to make a wedding picture perfect rather on the fact that it is a celebration of friends and family. At the end of the day, she'll have her lovely pictures but not the presence of some of her family members. IMO, not even a close trade-off.

I do think you are wrong to not even attend the wedding. Go and celebrate and let your SIL have her "kodak moment", regardless of how petty you (and I) may think it is.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:34 pm Wait! Did OP opt to not even go to the wedding?
Anonymous 8 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:21 pm I think all too often, brides concentrate on how to make a wedding picture perfect rather on the fact that it is a celebration of friends and family. At the end of the day, she'll have her lovely pictures but not the presence of some of her family members. IMO, not even a close trade-off.

I read "out of the wedding" as not attending but she could mean just out of the wedding party.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

What about wearing a wig for the pictures? It’s her special day.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

To me, it's not so much about covering up who you are as it is not putting the attention on you on her wedding day. Our eyes are naturally drawn to bright colors. When people look at her wedding photos, their eyes are instantly going to be drawn to the neon blue and pink hair and not to the bride and groom. It's hair, I would just go to a more subtle color or find another answer rather than missing her day over this.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Is there no compromise? Can you wear a wig? It seems extreme to drop out of your sister's wedding over hair color.
Locked Previous topicNext topic