250,000 Bikers head to Sturgis SD Rally

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Friday is the beginning of the annual Sturgis motorcycle rally in South Dakota. The town of 7,000 expects about 250,000 visitors to descend as the town sets up sanitation facilities and free-mask stations. The rally typically pumps $1.3 million into the tax funds for the state and town and supports much of the local economy. This year, it may bring much more than loud bikes and money.

Friday is the official start of the 80th annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, where 250,000 people are expected to gather in the South Dakota town of that name for nine days of defying proven precautions against the spread of COVID-19.

“Nobody is social distancing and none of them are wearing masks,” local psychologist Michael Fellner told The Daily Beast. “None.” Fellner and his wife, Carol, will wait out the rally in self-quarantine on their eight acres just outside of town. “I think this year we are on the road to making a super-spreading event,” she said. “Not just for your state, not just for your region, but for your country.”

Michael Fellner said of the rally, “The sad thing is that you find common sense is not as common as people believe. I hate to put it that way, but it’s the smell of money.”

The ultimate justification offered by the mayor and other city officials was that the hordes of bikers were going to come anyway. They noted that Rod Woodruff, owner of the Buffalo Chip campground and concert venue, had announced his intention to be open for a 39th consecutive rally.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/screw-covid- ... 23022.html
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Meade County (home of Sturgis) has a total of 8 cases with 1 death. That's going to change real quick.
SummerDream
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

It’s going to be an interesting rally this year, if rumors prove true. Friends that go every year, opted out this year, more because of the rumored trouble than the Corona.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Wouldn't go near it with a 10 ft pole during this time. There is a local music festival at the end of the month here with a few thousand. They're in meetings talking about if they should hold it. This year will be the first year I'll miss it, along with bestie. That is, if the owner decides to go through with it. I don't think he will.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If I lived there I would lock myself in my house and not even look out the window until it’s over, lol.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

SummerDream wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:35 pm It’s going to be an interesting rally this year, if rumors prove true. Friends that go every year, opted out this year, more because of the rumored trouble than the Corona.
What are the rumors?
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:42 pm If I lived there I would lock myself in my house and not even look out the window until it’s over, lol.
That might work for the week, but any virus brought into the community will be spread to business owners, hotels, restaurant employees, etc. Hard to avoid all contact with your town after the event, though you could try.

And of course it will be spread through the crowd and then the rally goers will take it back to their communities when the rally is over.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:51 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:42 pm If I lived there I would lock myself in my house and not even look out the window until it’s over, lol.
That might work for the week, but any virus brought into the community will be spread to business owners, hotels, restaurant employees, etc. Hard to avoid all contact with your town after the event, though you could try.

And of course it will be spread through the crowd and then the rally goers will take it back to their communities when the rally is over.
And then anyone who dies of a heart attack or stroke or atrial fibrillation or cancer or kidney failure or a motorcycle accident or cirrhosis for the next 3 months will be tagged as a CoV2 death - because they went, and that has to be the reason, even though there was a clear cause of death that wasn't CoV2. AND the news will be talking about it 24 x 7 to keep the petrified masses good and petrified. LOL

Because you know that no one dies of anything else anymore, since 4 months ago.

Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
SummerDream
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:47 pm
SummerDream wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:35 pm It’s going to be an interesting rally this year, if rumors prove true. Friends that go every year, opted out this year, more because of the rumored trouble than the Corona.
What are the rumors?
Supposedly Antifa is going to show up at the rally.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I wouldn't expect these people to wear masks when a good half of them don't even have the common sense to wear halfway protective clothing and helmets. I get it.. leather is hot and uncomfortable in Florida but so are large skin grafts and a skull fracture you fool. Yet we have seat belt laws but no helmet law if they've got proper insurance coverage. Don't understand what idiot got paid off for that.
Locked Previous topicNext topic