Has anyone's district started school yet?

Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My boys are supposed to start on the 25th and I’m due back September 8. However neither board has met nor voted on a return plan. So we aren’t overly sure.

Lemons wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:13 pm Has anyone started school yet? Our schools never open before September but I know other states start in August. Has anyone started yet?

I'm wondering what the policy is if a child or adult in a classroom tests positive for the virus. Does that mean the whole class has to go home and quarantine for 2 weeks?
Deleted User 172

Unread post

We start on Thursday 100% online.
We have the option to keep them 100% online or eventually send them in to school.

I haven't bothered to pay much attention to their in school plan b/c i won't be sending them til Covid is gone. We have elderly people in the home so I can't afford to bring it here.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

School here was supposed to start yesterday, but they pushed it to Aug 17.

The latest update said that if someone tests positive, their classes, bus, sports teams, lunch table, and related staff will be notified. The positive person will quarantine. The others are to monitor symptoms and seek medical attention as necessary.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:35 pm DS starts on Monday. There is no policy yet for if/when someone tests positive for Covid <sigh>.
All I can say is WOW.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No but the governor is leaving it up to parents on how they want to handle it.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:31 pm Yes, but classes are online. As far as my understanding, once on site is available, if someone in the class tests positive, the other students/teachers would have to quarantine until they provide proof of a negative test. Our district gave 3 options and the online only for the year was the preferred option by many, I selected flex in which we get to choose each quarter. With the current numbers, even if all student on flex were to join those who selected on site only for the year, the classroom sizes would still be small enough to distance, masks are required, bathrooms and classrooms sinks have been updated to touch free and touch free sanitation stations have been add to classrooms, office, lobby, hallways, etc.
The fact that most preferred online only is surprising to me but it makes sense. I'm hoping for hybrid. Small groups alternating days. I would hate the full class/bus as if nothing's happening though.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

We start on 8/13. 2 days one week 3 days the next.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My oldest, the one who studies in the U.S starts on September 2nd. No word yet as to whether he’ll be able to start there or online.
My youngest here starts August 24th and the city just announced yesterday that classes will start online until the threat level is green. It’s orange now, could possibly go back to red.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I wonder where all these people are going to go each week/month to keep getting tested if a classmate is positive. Are the tests free for all students? Right now our doctor is not testing unless you are sick with symptoms. Just saying 'my friend tested positive' is not going to cut it...
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:47 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:35 pm DS starts on Monday. There is no policy yet for if/when someone tests positive for Covid <sigh>.
All I can say is WOW.
Just wanted to clarify that my son is in high school. Normally, there are about 600 students but less than 300 students are returning for in-class learning - the rest are doing exclusively on-line. Those 300 students will attend one day a week so about 75 students in the building each day. Honestly, I think they'll go to completely online before Monday as cases have doubled in our county in the last two weeks. If they do go ahead with in class learning, masks and social distancing will be required and there will be daily temperature checks. Pretty sure that there will be a positive case of Covid within the first couple of weeks which will shut the whole think down and again, everyone will go online.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Locked Previous topicNext topic