My boyfriend told me I should limit my spending

famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I’d be annoyed. I don’t want to hear it from my husband and I for damn sure don’t want to hear it from a bf, lol. It’s not his business honestly.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

As we like to say in the yoga community: Mind your mat.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Sounds like you’ve worked hard and for once have an opportunity to enjoy some time for yourself, doing things for yourself. Good for you.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

He needs to stay in his lane
I would be annoyed and have him mind his business
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Sounds like he is concerned. I don’t see anything wrong with husband/SO/boyfriend checking spending... Boredom shopping can be a problem because as you’ve said some of the things you buy are random. The money you spend on random stuff could be saved. I’m sure you have a hefty bank account but still save. You never know what the future holds..
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:55 am
Pjmm wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:53 am Perhaps he's just concerned. So long as you have savings and can pay your bills that's fine. Do you live with him and share expenses?
We don't live together. If he was just concerned then me telling him everything was fine should have been enough. I don't need another adult lecturing me on my own finances.
Another adult has lectured you on it?
Anonymous 5

Unread post

If it’s not his money and he’s not your husband and he doesn’t live with you, then it really is none of his business.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

How long have you been dating? If I'm in a serious relationship with someone (who I may even be considering marriage with), I do pay attention to their spending/saving habits.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

spend away
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:41 pm Sounds like he is concerned. I don’t see anything wrong with husband/SO/boyfriend checking spending... Boredom shopping can be a problem because as you’ve said some of the things you buy are random. The money you spend on random stuff could be saved. I’m sure you have a hefty bank account but still save. You never know what the future holds..
I out enough in savings. It's okay to get stuff you want or need.
Locked Previous topicNext topic