Religious nut Senator Tom Cotton claims slavery and holocaust were necessary

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:43 pm
Frau Holle wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:14 pm Is anything about what he said contrary to the belief of most of the country in between New York and LA?

Religious people believe that. Most of your country is religious in the evangelical way.
Oh nooooooo. Normal people don’t use religion to justify horrible and inhumane acts like slavery or the holocaust.

This dude sounds crazy.
Yes, they do. I can’t even think of historically relevant inhuman acts done on a large scale level that didn’t have to do with a religious reason that allowed people to think it was ok.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

moviestar wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:15 am It’s true that 70% of Americans identify as Christian, but evangelicals actually only make up about a quarter of those.
Frau Holle wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:14 pm Is anything about what he said contrary to the belief of most of the country in between New York and LA?

Religious people believe that. Most of your country is religious in the evangelical way.
Religion in America is a 1.2 trillion dollar a year industry with a huge amount of that being raked in by evangelical mega churches, radio stations, television stations, political ads and community outreach.

If you look at the US like a business, evangelicals are a MAJOR player.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:09 am

Oh nooooooo. Normal people don’t use religion to justify horrible and inhumane acts like slavery or the holocaust.

This dude sounds crazy.
Yes, they do. I can’t even think of historically relevant inhuman acts done on a large scale level that didn’t have to do with a religious reason that allowed people to think it was ok.

I disagree. I grew up in a Bible Belt and I have never heard anyone say shit like that. Religious extremists maybe but not nearly enough to say most of our country.

Normal people don’t think like this.
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Joel Osteen may still be able to convince desperate people to give him enough money to build a castle, but the number of evangelicals has been on the decline for years, and their stranglehold on the moral arbitration of the US is dwindling right alongside it..
Frau Holle wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:15 am
moviestar wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:15 am It’s true that 70% of America ns identify as Christian, but evangelicals actually only make up about a quarter of those.

Religion in America is a 1.2 trillion dollar a year industry with a huge amount of that being raked in by evangelical mega churches, radio stations, television stations, political ads and community outreach.

SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Mr.Smile wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:57 am
SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:29 am
Mr.Smile wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:14 am

He didn't justify shit, read my post ^^^
I did read some of it before you quoted me, just did not comment on it. I already read his quote and posting someone else’s spin/interpretation didn’t change my opinion.

Im not in the mood for your race trolling right now, maybe tomorrow.

Good night
lol, whatever. I didn't make this post. the OP made a post "race trolling" according to your standards, I am dismantling the F***ing lies told here on a daily basis. Of course you are in the mood to bash a republican based on a lie but not in the mood to hear the truth when its goes against the narrative you WANT to accept.

oh, its not anyone else's spin. OP literally misquoted Sen Cotton. night night.
😂 Whew honey.......that is RICH coming from you.

And I’m taking about Cotton himself as a person. I don’t care if he is Republican or hold it against the entire party. I don’t look at every element you of life through party lines like you do.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

So Cotton is saying any atrocity can be excused if it led to a good thing? "Good" obviously being highly subjective...
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:23 am

This dude sounds crazy.

I disagree. I grew up in a Bible Belt and I have never heard anyone say shit like that. Religious extremists maybe but not nearly enough to say most of our country.

I’m in the Bible Belt right now and I’ve heard things like that said plenty of time. Both Evangelicals and Baptists think they are cursed if they don’t support Israel, they think all of these specific signs have to happen before Jesus comes back and most of them think it is within Human decisions to enact those dominoes that brings Jesus back.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I’m not sure we can.
And as I said (sorry, I probably added that after you replied), if the man is using religion as an argument then he should know that those things would happen one way or another. We may have free will, but we don’t have the power to alter God’s plan. He’s the one bringing religion into this. So if he believes that Israel is needed for the second coming, then he should know Israel would come to exist, Holocaust or not. God chooses then end, we choose the path.
Thelma Harper wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:32 am
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:21 am But that’s the thing: we cannot know for sure.
Just because things happened that way it doesn’t mean they couldn’t have happened in another way if history had developed differently. Maybe they would, maybe they wouldn’t, so we don’t know.
Thelma Harper wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:13 am

Without the stuff that was happening during Theodore Herzls time, none of it would have happened as it did.
Looking at the history of the time and the emotions of those longing for a homeland they were denied, i think we can make that assumption.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think you might be speaking for large cities. Around most of the country, Christianity is the King of public relations.
moviestar wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:36 am Joel Osteen may still be able to convince desperate people to give him enough money to build a castle, but the number of evangelicals has been on the decline for years, and their stranglehold on the moral arbitration of the US is dwindling right alongside it..
Frau Holle wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:15 am
moviestar wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:15 am It’s true that 70% of America ns identify as Christian, but evangelicals actually only make up about a quarter of those.

SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:17 am
SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:23 am

I’m in the Bible Belt right now and I’ve heard things like that said plenty of time. Both Evangelicals and Baptists think they are cursed if they don’t support Israel, they think all of these specific signs have to happen before Jesus comes back and most of them think it is within Human decisions to enact those dominoes that brings Jesus back.
I’m not sure who you are around but I was raised in a Baptist family and we don’t think like that. So I have to disagree. This reads like you’re lumping us in one category or this behavior is somehow normal to us and it’s not.
Locked Previous topicNext topic