How the world now sees the United States

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:03 am The pity feeling hurt but is appropriate. Hundreds of people dying per day and secret police invading cities and President Second Place bragging about not having dementia. It's insane here. I feel sorry for us too.
I actually had second hand embarrassment for Trump in his in interview with Chris Wallace. He started bragging about passing a test for dementia and Wallace was like “the one where you need to identify the elephant?” Trump claimed the test got “really hard” and he bet Wallace couldn’t pass it. It was sad to watch no matter who it was.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:25 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:03 am The pity feeling hurt but is appropriate. Hundreds of people dying per day and secret police invading cities and President Second Place bragging about not having dementia. It's insane here. I feel sorry for us too.
I actually had second hand embarrassment for Trump in his in interview with Chris Wallace. He started bragging about passing a test for dementia and Wallace was like “the one where you need to identify the elephant?” Trump claimed the test got “really hard” and he bet Wallace couldn’t pass it. It was sad to watch no matter who it was.
Yeah and he's still talking about it. This is almost proof he actually did pay someone to take his SATs. If he took them himself and scored high, we'd be hearing about them to this day.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:11 am
Mommamia wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:56 pm
Emandab wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:15 pm Yeah, if only the liberal lead states and major cities would stop trying being so damn woke, the rest of us wouldn't look like such jokes.
I couldn't care less what other countries think of us. Who do they go crying to to defend them, who do they want to rebuild their countries after wars, who do they want handouts from? That's right, the good old USA.

We paid to rebuild Europe after WW2, and not one of those countries ever paid us back.
You are absolutely correct!

Canada has a long history of standing with our U.S. neighbours who are often our parents, children, cousins and friends where the border almost doesn't exist. Canada has gone to war with the U.S. in most global campaigns and we continue to stand by the U.S. We do have slightly different foreign policies and currently we both have governments that are at odds with each other, but governments change and policy with them.

The U.S. is a great nation with a great people. This has been seen through history. All Americans should be proud to call themselves Americans. As a Canadian, I am proud to be your neighbour. As far as COVID-19, we will all eventually get through it, one way or another.
Why, thank you Linda for saying that. I'll bet you'll get some grief over being so honest and supporting this country. Please know that so many Americans have always been grateful for Canada's support in many aspects of our lives. No two national leaders are always going to agree, but as you said....leaders change, policies change and in the end we can all get along.

It is maddening, though, that with a press that no longer reports the news (and hasn't for decades) but instead espouses it's personal biases, other countries get a skewed vision of America.

I just wish more Americans were like you, Linda, proud of our country and all that we have accomplished in the last 244 years. There's been bumps and bruises along the way, we've made whopper mistakes, just like any country, but it is still the greatest country in the world with Canada running a close second :P ;)
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

So, what if he bragged. At least he has the brains and energy to be interviewed by Chris Wallace who is no fan of his. You'll never see the demented, senile, racist, do nothing, Biden do an hour long interview with Chris Wallace or anyone else. He's too busy trying to find all of his marbles in that basement of his. But then again, at the rate of his mental decline, it won't be possible to replace any of those dead barbles.

Biden only does minute fully scripted interviews, and can't even get them right. Why he just gets up and walks out when he gets too addled to answer a question put forth to him, or his handler immediately stops the interviewer right then and there.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Emandab wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:15 pm Yeah, if only the liberal lead states and major cities would stop trying being so damn woke, the rest of us wouldn't look like such jokes.
Thanks for the biggest laugh of the day.
It's not even about covid-19 or anyone's F***ing political party. We lost our way a long time ago. We should have seen that when we couldn't protect our own people from mass shooters, school shooters. Like Pogo said we've met the enemy and he is us.
Mommabearof2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

And yet people are still sneaking/dying to get in here. Makes no sense.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If the test was”really hard” that says something...
It’s a medical test, it’s hard if you have a condition that makes it hard. It’s nice and simple to anyone who doesn’t. If you ask me, a stress test will be hard. I hate exercising and therefore not in the best shape. But give it to my sil who goes to the gym every day and runs marathons and it’ll be her warmup routine.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Not as much as you think. For many years now emigration has been higher than immigration.
Mommabearof2 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:43 pm And yet people are still sneaking/dying to get in here. Makes no sense.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 1616

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:19 pm
Mr.Smile wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:12 am
Lemons wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:11 pm https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... rumps-rule

Trump has turned his ugly rage away from immigrants and towards Americans themselves. Americans who won't blindly support him. Who won't accept the divisiveness and racism that has only gotten worse over the last three years. Trump's now trying to put fear into his base with ads claiming Biden would bring carnage to the country.

But this is America under Trump and this is how the world now sees America -

He has only himself to blame.
The Guardian and the irish times, 2 left wing sources prove the entire world's perspective. talk about confirmation bias :lol:
Im sure you could find some radical right wing site that adores Trump along with Putin and Bolsonaro. I just focused on that “main stream” that the alt right despises so much. It’s more about what the average person thinks.
"average people" come in all flavors. your side is not the "normal" default state. I know the left thinks they are morally superior but the people of Britain voted for Brexit and the guardian/irish times demonizing them and throwing a temper tantrum should maybe indicate to you that the guardian and Irish times don't represent everyone.

"Let’s be honest about what’s really driving Brexit: bigotry"
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... er-history

"Bigots feel they have a mandate to hate. We have to speak out"
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... referendum

Let’s be honest about what’s really driving Brexit: bigotry
https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/let- ... -1.3718257
Deleted User 1616

Unread post

I LOVED THIS MOMENT IN HISTORY SO MUCH 😍🥰

Locked Previous topicNext topic