Disney World is now open

Locked Previous topicNext topic
Anonymous 1

Yes you have to wear a mask and try and social distance. Parks are at reduced capacity for now. I know some people are still scared isolating in their homes but things are starting to open up now. All stores, restaurants are slowly opening at reduced capacities, elective surgeries resuming, theme parks, hopefully schools soon. I can't wait for our world to be 'normal' again!
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

I cannot wrap my mind around social distancing at amusement parks. But I am sure there will be a whole generation of masked little girl & princess pics, lol.

But

Not to be the rain cloud on Monday morning, but the world is not going to be normal again for years. We are going to keep seeing illness and death as the virus continues infect millions of people. We can slow it down, but we can’t make it stop. That’s the sad truth, that no politician will say, “we cannot be closed forever, so we are opening things up, but based on current epidemiologica trends, we will have to accept that 4-5% of the Adult population will likely die, and at least another 5% or more will require prolonged medical care with chronic problems lifelong, as we continue to transmit the illness to the Majority of the population.”

They need to speak the truth so people understand the risks of these activities, in my opinion.
Anonymous 2

I heard. And I also heard a spokesperson from Disney World state that, "perhaps it's even safer inside the gates of Disney World than it is in the outside community." Yep! Sign me up for a trip to this safe place! 🙄
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

I agree with you. I think it’s been proven that opening prematurely has been disastrous.
Personally, I’m still staying in. We’ve been breaking record numbers of cases where I live every day for the past week and THIS is the time when are things are “better”? 🙄
I understand many people need to take the risk to go to work and earn a living. My own husband has started going to the office for a few hours. But take the risk to get on Splash Mountain before they tear it down? Hell, no.
LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:04 am I cannot wrap my mind around social distancing at amusement parks. But I am sure there will be a whole generation of masked little girl & princess pics, lol.

But

Not to be the rain cloud on Monday morning, but the world is not going to be normal again for years. We are going to keep seeing illness and death as the virus continues infect millions of people. We can slow it down, but we can’t make it stop. That’s the sad truth, that no politician will say, “we cannot be closed forever, so we are opening things up, but based on current epidemiologica trends, we will have to accept that 4-5% of the Adult population will likely die, and at least another 5% or more will require prolonged medical care with chronic problems lifelong, as we continue to transmit the illness to the Majority of the population.”

They need to speak the truth so people understand the risks of these activities, in my opinion.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Normal won't happen for a very long time, especially since people still won't do the minimum to gain control of it.
Anonymous 1

I take it you will NOT be sending your kids to school in 6-8 weeks? You will be home schooling them yes?
Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:07 am I agree with you. I think it’s been proven that opening prematurely has been disastrous.
Personally, I’m still staying in. We’ve been breaking record numbers of cases where I live every day for the past week and THIS is the time when are things are “better”? 🙄
I understand many people need to take the risk to go to work and earn a living. My own husband has started going to the office for a few hours. But take the risk to get on Splash Mountain before they tear it down? Hell, no.
LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:04 am I cannot wrap my mind around social distancing at amusement parks. But I am sure there will be a whole generation of masked little girl & princess pics, lol.

But

stilltfez
Regent
Regent

we will never get your version of "normal" back but we, if we unite and work together, can make a new normal. sadly it can never happen because our country is now us vs them and the discord starts at the very top.
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

I do not think I would go to a theme park anytime in the near future. We had 129 new cases and 1,470 active cases in our province (13.5 million people), but if Canada's Wonderland opens I am not going this year. It is too risky for these type of things it will be very hard to control social distancing and mask wearing in a park of this size. We however cannot keep things closes forever as both companies and governments cannot afford it, we need to find a balance in how to mitigate the physical health effects while also mitigating the social economic damage and the mental health effects.

We do not know when a vaccine will be in place and when it is in place how many people will opt in to get it. We cannot rely on it, we need to rely on ourselves to do what it right - masks, social distancing, proper hygiene, stay at home when sick, and the sorts.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

We go in September for 8 days. You can’t just show up at the park. You have to make a reservation. Capacity is at about 50%. Looking at the app from Saturday which should have been a crazy day-it was crazy low. Yes, we have to wear masks, yes we have to stay 6 for away from the party in front of us in line—but those are small prices to pay!
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

No thank you. I would Not be going to Disney right now and I friking love Disney.
Locked Previous topicNext topic