Do you think your state reopened too soon?

Do you think your state reopened too soon?

Yes
38%
No
26%
Covid19 is a government plot to take away our freedoms
3%
We should all be locked down until there is a vaccine or cure
No votes
Covid19 is no more dangerous than the flu
10%
I refuse to wear a mask or socially distance
5%
Other
18%

Total votes: 39
Anonymous 1

Unread post

You can choose 2 options in this poll!
Anonymous 2

Unread post

States should have never closed.
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yes, as did many states, and we are paying the price because of it. At this point, I can’t deal with anyone who thinks it is some worldwide conspiracy to oust Trump or a government plot to infringe on people’s rights and freedoms. 🤦🏼‍♀️
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Abso- freaking- lutely. I'm in GA where the bonehead governor opened up tattoo shops/nail and hair salons, barber shops, massage shops in April..then, 3 days later- bowling alleys, movie theaters, and dine in for restaurants ( with restrictions), several days later- malls. Now, he has relaxed more and more regulations and we are #9 in the nation. We saw an increase of just under 4,500 cases from 3 pm yesterday util 3pm today. We are back up to over 9% for an infection rate. People won't wear masks or socially distance. Friends have had all kinds of parties, gone on vacations, etc since everything opened completely the 2nd week of May. Dh and I are just sitting here all kinds of baffled by the insanity.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:29 pm States should have never closed.
Sorry, I forgot that one.
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I think FL opened too soon.
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Our state never really closed. In the bigger cities businesses closed themselves and went back when they each felt they were ready but our government officials never shut anything down.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Mamaof5
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

It never fully closed. Our governors an idiot.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The state did fine, so did the governor that I don’t like, the problem is the people and their blind devotion to the orange man who’s convinced them it’s all a democratic hoax.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

Arizona definitely opened up too soon and because our governor and our AZDHS director Cara Christ felt we had "flattened the curve," thus determining we could begin slow reopenings (stuttered responses) in early May to mid May.

Combine this with the party scene in especially Scottsdale AZ, people running off to the lakes and rivers (especially with Memorial Day weekend) as they normally would, refusal to wear masks on the part of many and yes, the heavy concentration of protests the first few weeks after George Floyd was murdered...and we had the makings of a very serious situation that exploded the past several weeks.

Plus, on top of everything else, we finally began doing "testing blitzes" every weekend in various parts of the state and results started coming in (which is good news).

We were only beginning to see that "first wave" and had not combated it as was once thought.
Locked Previous topicNext topic