How were you as a

Deleted User 670

Unread post

My daughter went everywhere with me. I never had a sitter. I tried to keep to the same schedule for meals and sleep because she did better with a routine. She was rarely sick as a baby and toddler and when she was we stayed home because she just didn't feel good.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I was very laid back when it came to naps. I let her sleep when she wanted. DD actually stopped taking naps every day by about 14 months.

Bedtime was strict, though. Her bedtime was 7 pm as a toddler and we made sure if we were out to be back by then.

My DD (13) never even had a cold until she was 4. She was a very healthy child and still is. She's never been on any medication and has only been to a doctor for well visits.
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I never had a schedule. If they were hungry I fed them if they were tired they slept. They are 12 and 14 and pretty much still the same.
penpen
Villein
Villein

Unread post

At that point in time my late husband was diagnosed with, undergoing treatment for, and then passed away from a brain tumour. I don't actually remember many parenting specific things from that period, I guess we just did whatever we could do around what was going on.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I let both of mine make their own schedules. Nothing was done around schedules. I didn't take them out if they were sick though knock on wood neither have ever had a cold. Just the asthma acting up with my oldest and a stomach bug a few times with him.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

No, I didn't enforce a specific nap time when he was a newborn. He just slept whenever he wanted to. Now that he's almost 3, I'm a bit more inclined to try to get him down for a nap around 12 or 1pm. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. If he was sick, I didn't take him anywhere. I kept him home because I didn't want him getting anyone else sick, or him getting sicker. Other than that, I took him everywhere with me. And still do.

Blue_Prelude
Countess
Countess

Unread post

With my first, I was pretty strict with nap times except for special events, but I did take her out often, and she was enrolled in music class and did play dates; we just scheduled around naps.

With my second, I was much more laid back about it after I realized he was just an awful sleeper anyway, and that made it easier to work with his older sister’s schedule.
Locked Previous topicNext topic