Rage over an accidental bump.

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:40 am
SouthernIslander wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:18 pm
Lemons wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:02 pm

There are no buts in the law. Brandishing a weapon is a serious offense and her claims of defending herself are weak.

The video showed the gun woman already leaving in her SUV backing out to drive away when the woman hit her SUV with her hand. At that point gun woman got out of her SUV pointing her gun.

Legally she crossed the line and was arrested.
Where did I say she shouldn’t have been arrested or charged? I coulda swore I just told BB the courts will handle the brandishing.

Do you have a problem with me saying the other lady was wrong too and I’m not saying exactly what you think I should?
The black lady was up to no good, looking for trouble. I think most will agree with that.

I agree with Aletheia There are no “buts”. As soon as the woman left her SUV and approached the woman with a gun she became the aggressor.

People need to learn not to engage in these type of altercations. She was with her husband. They just needed to not respond
I don’t care who you agree with. Im not going down a rabbit hole with you over the word “but” or crucifying the lady because she didn’t handle this the way you think she should have.

I’m not one of those people who thinks it’s okay for people feel entitled to treat people like shit but micromanage the other party’s responds based on political correctness or opinion.

If some racist white people ran up to me threatening to beat my Black ass multiple times, refuse to let me leave and beating on my window saying she was going to beat my ass again for trying to leave......I can’t say I’d be willing to wait on the police and risk losing a child if she broke my window and snatched me out of the car.

A pregnant woman was put in the position to face charges or lose a baby. I am not bitching her out about which option she chose and I’m not helping you do it. Its between her and the courts at this point.

Unless more comes out about this story, you might as well agree to disagree because my opinion stands and I am not bending on it.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Aletheia wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:36 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:34 pm She shouldn’t have pulled the gun but
No "but"s.

A physically aggressive response to a purely verbally aggressive interaction is always crossing the line.

Threatening lethal force is so far beyond the line, it's insane.
Though there was a threat of lethal force there was no physical response from either of them other than the woman hitting their van.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

You see these two frames right here? That is the woman jumping behind the van trying to prevent them from leaving and pretending like they are trying to hit her, then she hits the back of their van, close to the window. That’s why they got out with guns. That hit to their van was the only physical act from anyone.
Attachments
F4E291EC-FD49-4FB1-8416-F671CC387397.jpeg
3CB034EE-3848-4975-B1E8-21125F37CD17.jpeg
manna080
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The woman shouldn't have stood behind the van escalating the situation but the other woman shouldn't have gotten her gun out either. They were both wrong but it does suck that her husband lost his job at their local university.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

manna080 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:16 pm The woman shouldn't have stood behind the van escalating the situation but the other woman shouldn't have gotten her gun out either. They were both wrong but it does suck that her husband lost his job at their local university.
More insanity. With all of the wokeness going on in this country, people are being punished for things they didn't do. This is like after the cop who shot Rayshard Brooks in self defense. The minute the cop was arrested his step-mother was fired from her job just because she was sort of related to him.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:05 pm You see these two frames right here? That is the woman jumping behind the van trying to prevent them from leaving and pretending like they are trying to hit her, then she hits the back of their van, close to the window. That’s why they got out with guns. That hit to their van was the only physical act from anyone.
That woman is damn lucky the other woman didn't shoot her. She was obviously provoking the white woman on purpose. Maybe she was hoping they would hit her then she'd sue them for everything they are worth.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:34 am
Mommamia wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:04 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:25 am

Interesting that you are willing to give the benefit of the doubt to white people because they are scared, but black people who report being scared and stressed all the time due to police interactions and racism would certainly not get this level of concern and forgiveness.
WTH are you flapping your gums about now? The more comments you make, the crazier you sound.
You (general) are saying white people are so scared because of everything going on that it should be expected that they react this irrationally. But when black people act irrationally in a scary situation with police (running, scuffling, firing a taser over their shoulder while running away), because they have been exposed to prolonged fear and stress in watching others be shot while unarmed, you dont offer them the same understanding. It's all "they should have complied" or "stayed calm". White fear is valid but black fear is not.
Don''t try to put words in my mouth that I didn't say. You know there are black people, Asian people, Hispanics, etc who are scared to death by what's going on. It's not just a white/black issue.

But hey, I don't expect anything different from you seeing that you live in an alternate universe from the average person.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:36 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:34 am
Mommamia wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:04 pm

WTH are you flapping your gums about now? The more comments you make, the crazier you sound.
You (general) are saying white people are so scared because of everything going on that it should be expected that they react this irrationally. But when black people act irrationally in a scary situation with police (running, scuffling, firing a taser over their shoulder while running away), because they have been exposed to prolonged fear and stress in watching others be shot while unarmed, you dont offer them the same understanding. It's all "they should have complied" or "stayed calm". White fear is valid but black fear is not.
Don''t try to put words in my mouth that I didn't say. You know there are black people, Asian people, Hispanics, etc who are scared to death by what's going on. It's not just a white/black issue.

But hey, I don't expect anything different from you seeing that you live in an alternate universe from the average person.
Most people understand that (general) means I'm not speaking about *you* specifically.
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

lose a baby? wtf? SHE WAS INSIDE OF A VEHICLE. She was in absolutely zero danger.
SouthernIslander wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:00 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:18 pm
Where did I say she shouldn’t have been arrested or charged? I coulda swore I just told BB the courts will handle the brandishing.

Do you have a problem with me saying the other lady was wrong too and I’m not saying exactly what you think I should?
The black lady was up to no good, looking for trouble. I think most will agree with that.

I agree with Aletheia There are no “buts”. As soon as the woman left her SUV and approached the woman with a gun she became the aggressor.

People need to learn not to engage in these type of altercations. She was with her husband. They just needed to not respond
I don’t care who you agree with. Im not going down a rabbit hole with you over the word “but” or crucifying the lady because she didn’t handle this the way you think she should have.

I’m not one of those people who thinks it’s okay for people feel entitled to treat people like shit but micromanage the other party’s responds based on political correctness or opinion.

If some racist white people ran up to me threatening to beat my Black ass multiple times, refuse to let me leave and beating on my window saying she was going to beat my ass again for trying to leave......I can’t say I’d be willing to wait on the police and risk losing a child if she broke my window and snatched me out of the car.

A pregnant woman was put in the position to face charges or lose a baby. I am not bitching her out about which option she chose and I’m not helping you do it. Its between her and the courts at this point.

Unless more comes out about this story, you might as well agree to disagree because my opinion stands and I am not bending on it.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

moviestar wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:33 am lose a baby? wtf? SHE WAS INSIDE OF A VEHICLE. She was in absolutely zero danger.
SouthernIslander wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:00 pm

You’ve never seen someone get snatched out of a car and jumped or fight a pregnant woman? I have.

So yes, if she is indeed pregnant, she had to think about the risks if someone has threatening to psychically best her multiple times.

You may agree to disagree too.
Locked Previous topicNext topic