Rage over an accidental bump.

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:07 pm
Aletheia wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:36 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:34 pm She shouldn’t have pulled the gun but
No "but"s.

A physically aggressive response to a purely verbally aggressive interaction is always crossing the line.

Threatening lethal force is so far beyond the line, it's insane.
Ummm no , that is your opinion and there is a “but” in mine. No, the lady shouldn’t have pulled the gun and the mom was dead wrong too.
There are no buts in the law. Brandishing a weapon is a serious offense and her claims of defending herself are weak.

The video showed the gun woman already leaving in her SUV backing out to drive away when the woman hit her SUV with her hand. At that point gun woman got out of her SUV pointing her gun.

Legally she crossed the line and was arrested.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:25 am
Mommamia wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:49 am
manna080 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:13 am

These overreactions like this have happened long before any riots happened.
It's just going to get worse because of the rioting.
Interesting that you are willing to give the benefit of the doubt to white people because they are scared, but black people who report being scared and stressed all the time due to police interactions and racism would certainly not get this level of concern and forgiveness.
WTH are you flapping your gums about now? The more comments you make, the crazier you sound.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

People are scared, hurt, and angry. In this country we also have firearms in the mix. Not a great situation but it is what it is.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Deleted User 203

Unread post

Here is the full video:

SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:02 pm
No "but"s.

A physically aggressive response to a purely verbally aggressive interaction is always crossing the line.

Ummm no , that is your opinion and there is a “but” in mine. No, the lady shouldn’t have pulled the gun and the mom was dead wrong too.
There are no buts in the law. Brandishing a weapon is a serious offense and her claims of defending herself are weak.

The video showed the gun woman already leaving in her SUV backing out to drive away when the woman hit her SUV with her hand. At that point gun woman got out of her SUV pointing her gun.

Where did I say she shouldn’t have been arrested or charged? I coulda swore I just told BB the courts will handle the brandishing.

Do you have a problem with me saying the other lady was wrong too and I’m not saying exactly what you think I should?
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:04 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:25 am
Mommamia wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:49 am

It's just going to get worse because of the rioting.
Interesting that you are willing to give the benefit of the doubt to white people because they are scared, but black people who report being scared and stressed all the time due to police interactions and racism would certainly not get this level of concern and forgiveness.
WTH are you flapping your gums about now? The more comments you make, the crazier you sound.
You (general) are saying white people are so scared because of everything going on that it should be expected that they react this irrationally. But when black people act irrationally in a scary situation with police (running, scuffling, firing a taser over their shoulder while running away), because they have been exposed to prolonged fear and stress in watching others be shot while unarmed, you dont offer them the same understanding. It's all "they should have complied" or "stayed calm". White fear is valid but black fear is not.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:18 pm
Lemons wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:02 pm

Where did I say she shouldn’t have been arrested or charged? I coulda swore I just told BB the courts will handle the brandishing.

Do you have a problem with me saying the other lady was wrong too and I’m not saying exactly what you think I should?
The black lady was up to no good, looking for trouble. I think most will agree with that.

I agree with Aletheia There are no “buts”. As soon as the woman left her SUV and approached the woman with a gun she became the aggressor.

People need to learn not to engage in these type of altercations. She was with her husband. They just needed to not respond
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:34 pm She shouldn’t have pulled the gun but
No "but"s.

No it isn’t. A verbally aggressive confrontation is an aggressive confrontation.

Every person should know not to aggressively confront someone without being shown aggression in return.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:00 pm
Aletheia wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:36 pm A physically aggressive response to a purely verbally aggressive interaction is always crossing the line.
No it isn’t.
It is clearly escalation.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Aletheia wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:20 pm
Frau Holle wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:00 pm
Aletheia wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:36 pm A physically aggressive response to a purely verbally aggressive interaction is always crossing the line.
No it isn’t.
It is clearly escalation.
Yes, it is.

However the beginning aggressor should not assume that they will direct the other on what the aggression level will remain at.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Locked Previous topicNext topic