Media room or home gym?

WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Home gym. We aren't big movie watchers and our son has a tv/gaming room off his bedroom that he hangs out in with friends. Normally all three of us go to the gym regularly so it's something that we would use.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Media room, 100%

I enjoy movies more than I enjoy working out.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Media room. I'd black out the entire basement, get a huge projector set up with surround sound with big comfy chairs.
We don't have basements here but if we did that's what I would do with that space.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:33 am Media room. I'd black out the entire basement, get a huge projector set up with surround sound with big comfy chairs.
We don't have basements here but if we did that's what I would do with that space.
Its a great space for that, we would have space for 2 possibly 3 rows of graduated elevated seating with recliners. But then I look at the weight set & the bike siting awkwardly out in the other open spaces and feel guilty, LOL. We asked if we could put the weight set in my DS's bedroom, and he was like, "uh, I guess" but wasn't a huge fan of the ideal. IDK, we have large screen upstairs, but the set up downstairs would be so cool.

I am totally torn.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:50 am The media room. We would use it more than a home gym. We have a home gym and I’m the only one who uses it.
And this is a concern, if they work out at school and DH stays lazy, will he really use the weight bench? IDK, I can put my bike in my office. It's not that aesthetically pleasing, but on the other hand, it doesn't look that odd either.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Oh, I would go with a media room because as I said on the walking post, I’m hopelessly lazy when it comes to exercise, lol.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I would probably opt for the gym, but dh would want the media room.
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I’d pick gym bc we already have a big tv in the living room and my kids aren’t into video games.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Home gym all 4 of us would use it. Only my daughter is really into tv.
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Hm... that’s a good question. Our basement is pretty much split into home gym & movie room as it is (nothing fancy or “movie theater-like” though, just a flat screen TV and a couch, lol), and I would say we use both equally. DH bought a lot of weights during the quarantine once the gyms closed down.
Locked Previous topicNext topic