National coin shortage.

bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:18 am Not sure how BIG your bucket of coin is but I got rid of my husband's week by week at the grocery store. I always use self check out. Each time I went to the store, I dropped into the coin payment slot approximately $3.00 each time. It got rid of the coin and at no expense to us.

FYI, though...I'd take a good look at your coins and make sure none of them have silver in them. If they do, I'd take them to a local dealer. You may be surprised at how much those rinky dink silver coins get you.
bluebunnybabe wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:31 pm I’m not aware of that problem here, but I’m not surprised. The majority of the banks around here are drive through only right now. Can’t deposit change through the drive through. I have a big bucket of change myself due to the credit union being closed. 🤷‍♀️
It’s probably about $300 right now. It’s a bucket I throw all the coins at work in rather than rolling them. Our credit union has a machine for members to use with no fee, so it’s usually pretty convenient.
I always save all the silver coins. My husband collects them. Years ago, when we were working on paying off our mortgage, silver had gotten really high at one point. We sold a bunch back then. He’s been building up his stash ever since. lol
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Recently a local business said they are only taking cards or exact change for payment. In the FB discussion about it people mentioned about a coin shortage. So it's either true or a widely spread rumor.

I do know that you can't deposit coins to some banks because they are drive thru only. I have an envelope at my desk collecting coins from one client (I prepare their deposits) just waiting until we can deposit the coins.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

They’re all in my couch I’m sure.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

That's a good idea. Easier.

I used to work in banking. Any time I crossed silver or a ROLL of silver coins, I bought it. That silver will get your husband a good penny when he turns it in! But you and he already know that! :) Keep stashing!
bluebunnybabe wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:35 am
Anonymous 6 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:18 am Not sure how BIG your bucket of coin is but I got rid of my husband's week by week at the grocery store. I always use self check out. Each time I went to the store, I dropped into the coin payment slot approximately $3.00 each time. It got rid of the coin and at no expense to us.

FYI, though...I'd take a good look at your coins and make sure none of them have silver in them. If they do, I'd take them to a local dealer. You may be surprised at how much those rinky dink silver coins get you.
bluebunnybabe wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:31 pm I’m not aware of that problem here, but I’m not surprised. The majority of the banks around here are drive through only right now. Can’t deposit change through the drive through. I have a big bucket of change myself due to the credit union being closed. 🤷‍♀️
It’s probably about $300 right now. It’s a bucket I throw all the coins at work in rather than rolling them. Our credit union has a machine for members to use with no fee, so it’s usually pretty convenient.
I always save all the silver coins. My husband collects them. Years ago, when we were working on paying off our mortgage, silver had gotten really high at one point. We sold a bunch back then. He’s been building up his stash ever since. lol
Locked Previous topicNext topic