National coin shortage.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I was in Walmart today getting laundry detergent and a few other things when over the loud speakers they mentioned having a national coin shortage and only cards were able to be used and half of the self checkouts were closed. I looked it up and it's a thing I found many articles about it. I have to use quarters to do our laundry and now I'm worried that many others are going to get crazy like with the toilet paper, meat and other things and I won't be able to get money to do our laundry. I feel the need to go and get a lot of quarters but then I will be the problem when people start panicking. Have you had this problem in your area?
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I’m not aware of that problem here, but I’m not surprised. The majority of the banks around here are drive through only right now. Can’t deposit change through the drive through. I have a big bucket of change myself due to the credit union being closed. 🤷‍♀️
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I saw that sign at sprouts today
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

bluebunnybabe wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:31 pm I’m not aware of that problem here, but I’m not surprised. The majority of the banks around here are drive through only right now. Can’t deposit change through the drive through. I have a big bucket of change myself due to the credit union being closed. 🤷‍♀️
My father in law took $85 in change to the drive through window at his bank last week and they took it. Haha
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:25 pm I was in Walmart today getting laundry detergent and a few other things when over the loud speakers they mentioned having a national coin shortage and only cards were able to be used and half of the self checkouts were closed. I looked it up and it's a thing I found many articles about it. I have to use quarters to do our laundry and now I'm worried that many others are going to get crazy like with the toilet paper, meat and other things and I won't be able to get money to do our laundry. I feel the need to go and get a lot of quarters but then I will be the problem when people start panicking. Have you had this problem in your area?
I've seen signs, but thought it was bull to prevent people from using cash to pay.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Haven’t heard a thing about it.
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I did see an article about it a couple weeks ago and thought it was odd.
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

bmw29 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:50 pm
bluebunnybabe wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:31 pm I’m not aware of that problem here, but I’m not surprised. The majority of the banks around here are drive through only right now. Can’t deposit change through the drive through. I have a big bucket of change myself due to the credit union being closed. 🤷‍♀️
My father in law took $85 in change to the drive through window at his bank last week and they took it. Haha
Haha hopefully he rolled it up.
There’s no way to give it to them at ours. It’s the kind with the tubes, not the kind with an actual window you can drive up to. I think you can make an appointment if you need to go inside for something. I just can’t be bothered.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Emandab
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Makes sense a little bit. When I worked at a bank we rolled, with a machine, to give back to customers (mostly businesses) so we rarely had to order change from the fed. We actually usually had extra to sell back to the fed. If lobbies aren't open for people to turn in their buckets of change, it has a ripple effect.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

News to me.
Locked Previous topicNext topic