Come and get your kids

Anonymous 1

Unread post

today is supposed to be a half day for the kids i nanny for. Mom text me at noon and said she was off work, just needed to stop at the bank with her sil then she'd be here. She's two hours late. That annoys me. If someone else is watching your kids, you come and get them before you go off and do other things.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That is inconsiderate.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I was only ever late like that once to pick up my kids (from Daycare). It was because of a huge snowstorm that had traffic down to a crawl and I didn't have a cell phone to call her and let her know. But she pretty much knew it was because of the snow.

I've once had someone excessively late to pick up their kid from my house. When my then Freshman son had a bunch of friends over and one of the parents came over an hour late to pick up their son. It was very annoying. At one point while we were waiting and he was trying to call his mom over and over he said "She probably fell asleep". I actually had the thought in that moment of 'wow, I'm actually living out one of those stories that I read on MC'.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I agree with you -- quite annoying! Sorry, hope she shows up soon so you can enjoy the rest of the day.
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That’s annoying. Have you tried calling her back to see where she is?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Gorilla_Mama wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:17 pm That’s annoying. Have you tried calling her back to see where she is?
She showed up at 2 hours and 15 minutes late. She had went grocery shopping, put her groceries away and had showered. So I told her that will not happen again, when you finish working, you get your children. You do not run errands, they are your children. That is was rude and inappropriate for her to have done that. And the next time she's late, I wi charge her an extra 20 every 30 minutes she's late.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:23 pm
Gorilla_Mama wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:17 pm That’s annoying. Have you tried calling her back to see where she is?
She showed up at 2 hours and 15 minutes late. She had went grocery shopping, put her groceries away and had showered. So I told her that will not happen again, when you finish working, you get your children. You do not run errands, they are your children. That is was rude and inappropriate for her to have done that. And the next time she's late, I wi charge her an extra 20 every 30 minutes she's late.
I would charge her double the hourly rate for every 30 minutes she late and not 1 cent less. If she refuses to pay then she finds another sitter. She needs you more than you need her
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:31 pm
I would charge her double the hourly rate for every 30 minutes she late and not 1 cent less. If she refuses to pay then she finds another sitter. She needs you more than you need her
Shw pays me 12 dollars an hour. I felt that 20 every 30 minutes was fair rather than doing 24, you know? But I definitely thought about doubling it.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

If you have a contract with her, when it renews, I'd have exactly what you just said written into the contract.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:36 pm

Shw pays me 12 dollars an hour. I felt that 20 every 30 minutes was fair rather than doing 24, you know? But I definitely thought about doubling it.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:36 pm

Fair enough. How many kids?
Locked Previous topicNext topic