Ok, who thinks schools WILL be opening up as normal this year?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

We are supposed to start Aug 17. I'm about 50/50 on whether they will actually open. I am in North Carolina. What are your thoughts?
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My bets are on: school will open as normal, but transition to online when typical flu season hits around October or November. I am speaking for Kansas/Missouri.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:30 pm My bets are on: school will open as normal, but transition to online when typical flu season hits around October or November. I am speaking for Kansas/Missouri.
I can see this also. And, the way they worded our opening was they got a special waver to start early on the 17, BUT cannot be counted for instruction until Aug 24. Sooo.. leads me to believe they will go to school in person for 1 week just to get computers, lesson plans etc then be sent home for remote instruction.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I am pretty sure our schools will open, but chances are it will not look like normal. DH has a good friend who is a teacher at our 8th grader's school. She said they had a meeting recently to discuss options. Some of the options discussed:
- Half the students go Monday/Wednesday and the other half go Tuesday/Thursday
- Students are assigned one room and stay in that room all day, while the teachers move from room to room to teach their subjects.
- Students wearing masks all day.
- Only teachers wearing masks all day.

No decisions have been made yet. They'll need to decide fairly quickly. Typically our first day of school would be Aug 5th though I saw the Middle School (same district different school) had on their marquee something about first day of school being July 29th. Either way there is not a lot of time for them to come up with a plan and implement it.

I'm ready to go along with pretty much whatever they decide to do. We will make it work. However, I do NOT envy the school officials right now because no matter what decision they make, they will have angry parents knocking their doors down. It's a lose lose situation for them.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

No clue.. I know they are in talks currently here as the start date is 8/1.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

They intend to open as normal but I doubt I will send mine back.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The uni I work for is having class starting in fall. The k-12 here always follows their lead.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:42 pm They intend to open as normal but I doubt I will send mine back.
Mine has said no online learning. So unless we're forced to do online he's going back.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

They go back the first week of september
PurpleTurtle
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

I haven't heard anything definitive either way for our schools. I think they're purposely *not* saying anything just yet until they have a clearer picture of where we stand closer to the start of school.
Locked Previous topicNext topic