What about Tony Timpa?

SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I’m pretty F***ing pissed and disgusted about that elderly man that the police pushed down and busted his head in Buffalo. I fully support protesting for justice and demanding that those officers are held accountable. I don’t see any one mad that this is getting attention because of his race and would disagree with anyone who does.

There was a poster who didn’t know who Floyd was and I don’t feel she was racist for that or questioned how outraged she was about it. I don’t feel like people who aren’t out protesting against police brutality against Black people are racist either. I don’t feel it’s anyone’s responsibility to keep a pulse on social issues I feel strongly about but mine. I can understand being mad at the lack of national coverage on stories like this but that falls on the media for under reporting.

If you feel strongly about police brutality against all people, what have you personally done to raise awareness on it and has anyone stopped you or tried to silence you because of race?
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:13 pm
hotspice58 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:46 pm It could be due to the history of thus country. Slavery ending and discrimination being against the law doesn,t mean oppression still doesn’t happen. Look at how many blacks have been killed versus whites. Your privilege is nice.
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:18 pm Tony Timpa was a man who was restrained by police as Dallas police officers pinned his shoulders, knees and neck to the ground. Tony pleaded for help more than 30 times, saying "You're going to kill me" over and over. The officers did nothing. As Tony gasped his last breath, the officers thought he was snoring and joked about him laying on the ground. They didn't check for breathing or pulse for at least 4 minutes. Tony died at the hands of the officers.

How come I never heard about this until now? How come Tony's death didn't make widespread national news like George's has? How come Tony's death didn't spark protests and riots on such a national level like George's did? Could it be because Tony was white?

You wonder why there are people angry at the protesters and rioters. You wonder why, when they feel unheard, we just refuse to listen even more. You wonder why we are outraged at your outrage.

This is why. You don't give this level of outrage when it's a white guy killed by police. You don't give this level of outrage when it's a black police officer killed by a black suspect. The ONLY time ANY life seems to matter to you people is when it's a BLACK suspect killed by a WHITE officer. Please explain to me how that's not incredibly, undeniable, overwhelmingly racist. Your outrage is racist and that's why we don't want to hear it.
Well last year nine black people out of the 44,000,000 in this country died in an altercation with police. This year it hasn't even been that many. If oppression existed like you claim it does, there would be a lot more dead black people at police hands. I was watching a video made by a former officer who happens to be black. He made some very interesting points like white privilege doesn't exist and saying it does sounds a lot like thinking white people are better than black people. (You using the falsehood says a lot about you.) Also, how if a person follows the rules then it's totally possible to make their life a good one. No matter their race. But then people who choose to make tons of bad choices couldn't blame others and scream racism. It was a very interesting speech he made. He had no agenda though beyond telling other black people to pull themselves up and not tell others to do it for them so it's probably not interesting to people not willing to hear it.
Officer Tatum does have a political agenda and panders to a conservative base.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

You're free to protest his death. Go for it.

If not, stop complaining here and turning these unfortunate deaths into a pissing contest.
Emandab
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:41 am
hotspice58 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:46 pm It could be due to the history of thus country. Slavery ending and discrimination being against the law doesn,t mean oppression still doesn’t happen. Look at how many blacks have been killed versus whites. Your privilege is nice.

Well last year nine black people out of the 44,000,000 in this country died in an altercation with police. This year it hasn't even been that many. If oppression existed like you claim it does, there would be a lot more dead black people at police hands. I was watching a video made by a former officer who happens to be black. He made some very interesting points like white privilege doesn't exist and saying it does sounds a lot like thinking white people are better than black people. (You using the falsehood says a lot about you.) Also, how if a person follows the rules then it's totally possible to make their life a good one. No matter their race. But then people who choose to make tons of bad choices couldn't blame others and scream racism. It was a very interesting speech he made. He had no agenda though beyond telling other black people to pull themselves up and not tell others to do it for them so it's probably not interesting to people not willing to hear it.
To pander would mean that person wants something. What would Tatum want? To be called an Uncle Tom? A race traitor? Are you saying a black person can't possibly agree with a conservative agenda? Folks are allowed to think for themselves incase you weren't aware. Maybe you need to judge yourself before judging others.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Emandab wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:42 am
SouthernIslander wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:41 am

To pander would mean that person wants something. What would Tatum want? To be called an Uncle Tom? A race traitor? Are you saying a black person can't possibly agree with a conservative agenda? Folks are allowed to think for themselves incase you weren't aware. Maybe you need to judge yourself before judging others.

A large YouTube following is what he gets out of it.

I’m Black, have quite a few conservative views, voted Republican, supported Black conservative politicians and I’d say the same thing no matter which party he belonged too or what race he is.

I didn’t say any of that in the 1 sentence I posted. So why are you making this about race with stupid stereotypical arguments anyway? Not all Black people call conservatives Uncle Toms and race traitors and he isn’t the only Black person allowed to think for himself.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

IF the perp wasn't doing anything illegal to begin with, I would have more sympathy for them regardless if they were white, black, brown, yellow or red.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 9 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:14 pm IF the perp wasn't doing anything illegal to begin with, I would have more sympathy for them regardless if they were white, black, brown, yellow or red.
If they aren't "doing anything illegal" than they are not a "perp" at all. They are a citizen either way. And regardless, the police are not judge, jury and executioner. They are there to keep the peace and make an arrest when appropriate. The court can determine quilt or innocence.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

I know this is off topic. But almost 2 weeks after the fact, I still find myself wondering what the hell these cops were waiting for. Why didn't they just put George Floyd in the police car and transport him to wherever the hell they needed to?
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:18 pm Tony Timpa was a man who was restrained by police as Dallas police officers pinned his shoulders, knees and neck to the ground. Tony pleaded for help more than 30 times, saying "You're going to kill me" over and over. The officers did nothing. As Tony gasped his last breath, the officers thought he was snoring and joked about him laying on the ground. They didn't check for breathing or pulse for at least 4 minutes. Tony died at the hands of the officers.

How come I never heard about this until now? How come Tony's death didn't make widespread national news like George's has? How come Tony's death didn't spark protests and riots on such a national level like George's did? Could it be because Tony was white?

You wonder why there are people angry at the protesters and rioters. You wonder why, when they feel unheard, we just refuse to listen even more. You wonder why we are outraged at your outrage.

This is why. You don't give this level of outrage when it's a white guy killed by police. You don't give this level of outrage when it's a black police officer killed by a black suspect. The ONLY time ANY life seems to matter to you people is when it's a BLACK suspect killed by a WHITE officer. Please explain to me how that's not incredibly, undeniable, overwhelmingly racist. Your outrage is racist and that's why we don't want to hear it.
Nine black people died in altercations with the police in 2019? Where does that number come from?
Locked Previous topicNext topic